Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Happy Hour

As in Sonic Happy Hour!!!! The only good part of getting to work at 6:30 in the morning is that I supposedly get to leave work earlier than normal.......AND......I made it to Sonic right before happy hour was over!! I had a safety meeting at 7:00 a.m. and after racing out the building this afternoon at 3:30 (YES I really have to jet out of there and look like I'm on a mission or I may never leave!!!) AHH!!! Refreshing!



A couple of weekends ago I went on yet ANOTHER float trip.....I know I'm really turning into an outdoor kinda girl right!?!? Well Jamie is getting married the 31st of July and she really wanted to go on a float trip so her Maid of Honor (her sister) found a GREAT company Up A Creek Canoe and Kayak Rental. (We even made the website so check it out) We had a GREAT time BUT was a little different than my float trip the previous weekend. My first float trip I did little to no work and the river moved us quickly along in our tractor tire tubes so I was expecting something similar RIGHT?

WRONG!!! We actually had to work at getting down the river.......yes those oars were not just for show.......The water was VERY still so we had to paddle our way down the river.....at first we weren't to concerned about getting down the river but our guides told us we would go under 3 bridges before we got the Kansas River which he promised the current would pick up and our stopping point was along that River as well.......WELL we had been paddling for awhile and we still hadn't made it to the 1st bridge so we asked how much further to the first bridge.....OH maybe 1/2 mile or so....OKAY......well I think we started to sound a little like kids in the backseat asking how much further till the next bridge!!!! BUT we made it back after 4-5 hours from starting. In the process we got a good workout, a great tan, AND we had LOADS of fun!!! We are even planning to make it an annual event! Check out the pics that the company took of us!

Taking a break to take a picture

Look at me working hard with my feet up.....it helped get an even tan :-)


Look at us go!

WE SURVIVED!!!

Cleaned up and out for dinner......food never looked better we were starving after our afternoon of hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment