Sunday, July 11, 2010

Someone Else's Trash is Anothers Treasure

Well we have a new addition in the Ladd Household that has taken up home in the backyard!!! And NO its not a puppy......

YES we have found lawn furniture......found being the KEY word.....tonight Eric and I were on our after dinner walk and on the curb about 3 blocks from our house was this lawn furniture. So I say to Eric,

Me:"Do you think they are giving that away?"
Eric says, "Well I'll go ask but usually that's what it means when its sitting on the curb"
Me: "Okay BUT first let me walk down the next street so I don't get embarrassed"
Eric: "Comes back and says the guy says its ours if we want it"
Me: "Okay well are we going to have to carry it home? or do we need to go befriend one of the neighbors. I've talked to those one neighbors with 4 kids once....they have a pickup"

So as we are walking back to our street and I see one of my former Lincare coworkers at his friends house and I asked if he had a truck.....and WOLOAH!! we are headed to pick up our "new to us" lawn furniture.

Now I know that its in need of a little tender loving care BUT I really think I can make it our own......get some new tiles, paint the metal parts and maybe get new cushions!

All Eric needs is a beer and a fire......yes that is a firepit in the center....JEALOUS?!?! AND the best part it was FREE!!!! The previous owners had it for 2 years and bought it at Mrs. B's and it admitted he was to lazy to fix it back to its former glory.

I have been wanting patio furniture for awhile now and I really wanted something similar to this so I'm so excited that we got it and I didn't have to spend any money....yes we'll have to spend some money to fix it up BUT way less than we would have buying it new. Right now my husband is the most in love with me than he's ever been......that's what I get for marrying a cheap guy :-)

4 comments:

  1. So are you even more in love with Eric for asking about the furniture? Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - a bargain (until you add new tiles, paint, new cushions ...) Just kidding! Glad you made a great find! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill - I'm so jealous! I've been looking all summer for a good deal at garage sales & on Craigslist! Still no luck. We might just have to buck up & buy a set!

    Hope you guys are doing well! : )

    -Jarin

    ReplyDelete