Thursday, June 17, 2010

Survival

Well I survived the flood of Norfolk, Nebraska. Our first night there we all got phone calls in our rooms to let us know we needed to pack as they may need to evacuate us in the middle of the night if the water kept rising.......we ended up not having to evacuate but as we went to the conference the next day the parking lot next to us (the mall) and almost all of the parking lots across the street were flooded....and not just a little flooded. I feel bad for the families and businesses who are displaced from the flooding. FEMA was staying in our hotel.....trivia information for ya!

By the time our administrator made hotel reservations the only rooms left were suites. SO......we all got way more space than we needed. Our rooms had 2 rooms and 2 TVs. We didn't share rooms because our boss didn't realize the rooms were going to be so separate..... so to get good use out of both TVs I turned both to the news in the morning so no matter what room I was in I got to watch :-)

Bedroom number 1....otherwise known as my changing room


Bedroom Number 2......sleeping quarters

The conference itself was a bit of a snooze but mostly because it was for all disciplines and I only am responsible for 2 sections out of a LOT ......Nutrition and Dental....not sure how excited I am to ask people to open up so I can inspect their mouths but I guess I'll gum my way through it.....haha! The other reason.....the instructor literally read the book to us......I just have a big problem with people reading things to me mostly because I'm a visual learner and I figure we all got through college so we can probably handle reading.......just saying.

But anywho! I'm going to spend some quality time with my hubby who I missed a TON while I was away!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you didn't have to trade that room for a gym floor.

    ReplyDelete