Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Wakin' Up is Hard to Do

......Especially when you don't reset your alarm......Yes at 8:00 this morning I woke up and went OH MY GOSH what time is it! I HATE it when that happens! So here's how it went.....

5:00 a.m. --Eric gets up
5:30 a.m. --Eric leaves and kisses me goodbye and tells me its pouring out so I won't be able to run outside
6:00 a.m. --My alarm goes off...I get up grab it from across the room and lay back down in bed

TIME OUT: This is fairly normal as I get back in bed and reset the alarm for 6:45 or 7:00 because I decide that I don't want to work out and I'd rather sleep.....yep that happens

8:00 a.m. -- OH CRAP! It's 8:00 and my phone is laying open.....yep I didn't even reset the alarm...I fell back asleep before I had a chance....
8:15 a.m. -- I'm out the door....YES you heard right....and no I didn't take a shower so YES I rocked a ponytail
8:30 a.m.-- Rolled into work.....WHEW!!! I made it in time for my 8:45 meeting

My day was good EVEN THOUGH it didn't start as planned and one of my favorite residents threw up shortly after arriving in the dining room tonight for dinner......Puke definitely not something I deal with well so glad I'm not a nurse in this particular instant......but I grabbed a nurse and rubbed his back a bit.....guess its good training for when I have a kid.....or when one of our parents has to move in with us.....UM probably not going to happen :-)

Well Happy Hump Day tomorrow!!

2 comments:

  1. What?! I'm not going to be moving in with you? I am crushed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I oversleep- the whole day is a disaster. Sounds like you recovered nicely-- must have been the ponytail! : )

    ReplyDelete