Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Wrong Choice....

Well.....Tuesday night is NOT the night to go to Applebee's....why you might ask? Because kids eat for 99 cents.......no we didn't know before we went.....but it became more apparent as our meal went on for sure.....I do believe we were the only people in the joint that didn't have some tag alongs. (I'm not a huge fan of Applebees but Eric won a gift certificate at a golf tourney recently and won't stop offering to take me there)

Well there is never a dull moment at work and today proved to be no different. I am hiring in my department and I conducted a rather interesting interview today. First off I knew I was in trouble when the front desk called me and told me my interview was there to see me.....and I got a heads up that they didn't speak English.....YIKES! Well she brought her brother to serve as a translator (language of choice.....french)....who became inappropriate before we even got into the room where I was going to do the interview. "You're a good girl I can tell you're a good girl"

Well lets say the interview didn't go much better than the introduction. One of my structured interview questions was what kind of training or education do you have that will help you succeed in this position......ANSWER with lots of french translation....."You will see" REALLY!

Much of the interview went this way with the translating brother giving lots of commentary....that wasn't helping there case. At the end he said okay now I have questions for you....Okay I just asked if you have any questions so now would be the time.....

Question: What do you think of her so far?
My answer: Well I have several other candidates that I'm interviewing and we will let you know as previously discussed by mail or phone call the results
Question: That DOESN'T answer my question

OH GOSH!!! I hope the other interviews go better because for obvious reasons I won't be hiring today's candidate.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that interview sounded interesting! I'm sure you handled it with grace like you always do. Thanks for the motivation for the boot camp, I think I'm going to sign up after the trial period is over.

    Hey, we need to get together again. I know Katie is coming up sometime in July, we should plan something.

    Have a super day Jill!

    ReplyDelete