Wednesday, December 2, 2009

ROAD TRIP.....

to Hastings, NE.....not as exciting as you first thought huh?? For those of you who aren't so familiar with Nebraska geography here is a visual


OH yes that is a little more than a jaunt from Omaha more like a 2 1/2 hour drive. I stopped in Lincoln on the way and the way home to do some sales calls which helped break up the trip because those of you that know me well know that I'm not the best car traveler. I get bored easily :-) So here is how I kept myself entertained during my "scenic" drive.

Yes that is an actual picture of my Garmin as she kept me company during our drive.

Scenery along I-80 (not much)

Here are the positives of my trip:

I got to go 80! The speed limit is 75 along Nebraska interstate although not many people were going as fast because I passed A LOT of cars and semis! Other positives I wore scrubs (it's like driving in your PJs), belted it out along with the radio, and I had a very friendly car who had New York plates that followed me most of the way from Lincoln to my exit for Hastings. She even waved at me as I got off for my exit. Some people are just so friendly :-)

Speaking of semis there were a crazy amount of semis on the road....

I must be a true Nebraskan now because I drove on Tom Osborne Expy and probably the most impressive thing is that I actually know who that is! I couldn't have told you before we moved here though!



The downfalls of the trip:

It was SUPER WINDY. So I was getting knocked around quite a bit and when passing semis I had to be extra cautious because of the change in wind. You remember that water goal that I had well......I drank the whole thing today during all my driving but that also meant by the time I got to Hastings I was about to spring a leak :-) Yeah for meeting my goal today?? I think I was bored so I just drank my water to keep myself distracted or it could have been from all the singing along with the radio I was probably getting dehydrated.

As I was driving I thought of how I was referring to Hastings as Western Nebraska, well really anything west of Lincoln as western Nebraska; HOWEVER, I don't like when people refer to everything west of Manhattan as western Kansas. So I decided that I was going to South Central Nebraska today :-)

Before I let you go check out this vehicle I saw on the road today.....


This takes antennas to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL! It kinda reminds me of my first car the Beretta and its massive antenna that my dad had installed so that I could have a Farm Radio installed. Let's just say that when I bought my Alero I put down my foot about NOT having a radio so I didn't have to have the huge antenna coming out of the middle of my roof.....

3 comments:

  1. What were you doing...driving and taking pictures??? Is that more dangerous than talking and driving at the same time? Hmm...what would your mother say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew at least one of you would comment :-) I got the idea from Drew after looking through his pics this past weekend.... I'm guessing that my mom hasn't' read it yet because I'm sure I'll get a comment from her to0!! Eric also hasn't read it yet either and he might have something to say. Probably wouldn't do it in Omaha or any town (maybe Stafford?) unless I had a driver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Christy, for beating me to the punch about driving and taking photos. Just another aspect to add to my don't drive and text mantra! Now I have to remind her not to take PHOTOS while driving. Maybe the Blackberry wasn't such a good idea! Jill - good realization about the geography of Nebraska. You ARE becoming a true Nebraskan (but we'll still claim you in Kansas, too!)

    ReplyDelete