Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Eve Plans??

I don't know if you can call them plans but we are staying home eating white chicken chili and watching a movie! I worked till 7:00 tonight and I'm just exhausted. All week I've been saying that all I'm doing tonight is vegging on my couch! Eric was free to do what he wanted but if his plans included anything outside the apartment he would be flying solo! I guess no one else was doing anything because he is here with me now with no plans to head out on the town. We just got done eating dinner and Eric suggested we break out the bubbly because he doesn't think I'm going to make it much longer........he knows me well.......as he says "well I'm married to you" :-) One good thing about Nebraska is that they sell alcohol in the grocery store so while I was doing my grocery trip for the week on Tuesday they had samples of champagne. I definitely partook in that offering.

My aunt Kathy made White Chicken Chili for part of our Christmas meal.....yes we have Mexican food for Christmas....just a little tradition that we have for the Fritzemeier Christmas. Eric and I both thought it was delicious so here's the recipe.

1 small can diced green chilies
1 14 oz can chicken broth
1 lb cubed chicken
1/2 c. whipping cream
1 c. sour cream
1 medium onion
3 clove garlic
2-15 oz cans great northern beans
1 t salt
1 t cumin
1/2 t pepper
1 t oregano
1/4 t cayenne pepper
2 T olive Oil

Saute chicken, onion and garlic in olive oil. Add everything except sour cream and whipping cream. Add those closer to serving. Double for large crock pot. Serve with flour tortillas.

Well blog stalkers I'll check in next year with you all!! Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment