Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Scheduling Mistake


SO.....I called my parents today to say reserve the weekend of February 12th to help us move and their response......you do realize that's the weekend your brother gave us tickets to the basketball game in Manhattan.

How did both of us miss that ESPECIALLY Eric who was very excited to receive tickets to the game for Christmas.

NOW....do we take off of work and close on the house early Friday morning, move in the rest of the day, then head to Manhattan on Saturday OR close Friday afternoon head to Manhattan and then move on Sunday. Decisions, Decisions!! We'll have to talk to Alan and Christy and see what they prefer.

Our home inspection went well. I was very happy with the company we choose and was impressed with how thorough of a job they did. Yesterday I called companies to interview them and now that I'm in a sales position I wanted them to sell me on their company....SO...I ended each call with "Why should we pick you over the others" I got a kick out of hearing their sales pitches. They caught some things that we never would have caught and hopefully the builder will be willing to fix OR Eric and I won't be buying the house. There were only 2-3 major things that need to be fixed and the others are more cosmetic issues that won't be hard for the builder to touch up.



PACKING! I'm lucky that with my current job we get shipments constantly and today I asked the guy who stocks our warehouse to start saving me sturdy moving boxes. He even said he'd tear them down for me and put them in a corner. YES! One less thing to have to worry about. Starting Friday we have 6 weeks to get all packed up. Eric will be gone to Wisconsin for a week in the middle of January so I will start packing while he's away.

YEAH for tomorrow being the last day of work for the week. I seriously need a vacation and some veg time on the couch after traveling and being on call last week. Have a great Thursday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment