Sunday, November 8, 2009

EMAW

Every Man a WILDCAT!!

K-State 17 KU 10

Saturday was a great day for gameday!! Not only did our team win BUT it was a GORGEOUS day. I probably could have even gotten away with wearing shorts.... I wasn't super happy to get up early after being gone all week but I put on my happy face and we headed to the little apple and the hubby even packed a blanket and pillow for me!! Which came in very handy on the way home :-) considering I left almost the whole way home. We had a blast hanging out with family during and after the game.

This is a picture that Eric made me take at the game. It's a KU fan and Eric was making fun of his shirt....He wanted me to post it.

I got home on Friday night about 8:30. My flight was delayed out of Dallas Fort Worth. BUT I got to fly first class. I didn't book my ticket so it can't be blamed on me if it was a problem. I did have lots of OU fans on the plane with me.

This was a picture I took down at Bricktown in Oklahoma City. It was a nice downtown area but I was disappointed that there weren't any shops to look around in. The area was predominantly restaurants. My cab driver informed me that they are still trying to build up the area. I got over my fear of eating by myself in restaurants on this trip. I didn't even take a book. I just did some people watching. The night I went down to Bricktown AC/DC was playing.....GREAT PEOPLE WATCHING!!!

Eric and I went on a 1 hour and half walk this afternoon. We did some house walking again and just lost track of time. Eric informed me that he probably would have stopped sooner if I hadn't come along but he was happy because he accumulated 90 points for his health points today.

Tonight I tried a new recipe and it was a HIT! I got it from the Centennial 4-H Cookbook

It was SUPER EASY and didn't take a lot of ingredients....



Chuckwagon Tortilla Stack
Yield: 4-6 servings (may depend on how hungry your husband is)



1 lb ground beef
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 can (16 oz) baked beans
1 can (14.5 oz) stewed tomatoes
1 can (4 oz) green chiles
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
3 tsp chili powder
4 flour tortillas (I like to use whole-wheat tortillas :-)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese

In a skillet, brown beef and garlic powder until no longer pink: drain. Add beans, tomatoes, chiles, and chili powder. Bring to a Boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until liquid is reduced. Coat a round casserole dish with cooking spray. Place one tortilla in dish; spread with 1 1/2 cups meat mixture. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers 3 times. Cover and cook on low for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortillas are heated through. Cut into wedges. Serve with toppings of your choice.




Yes that is cantaloupe on my plate...and no Eric did not have any on his.....

Well back to the daily grind tomorrow! We will see if they let me do a little more on my own this week after having some training under my belt. Well, better get ready to watch the Amazing Race!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment