Sunday, November 22, 2009

PRESENTS!!!!

But not for us......

Eric and I did our Christmas shopping this weekend. We (I) were very organized with a list and everything. We still have a couple of presents that we will need to pick up. We haven't drawn names for Harrison side yet so we couldn't get those presents. Here are all our packages from our adventure.


Christy, Eric's mom, was in town for a girls weekend with some friends so we met up with her for lunch on Saturday. She needed to go to Hobby Lobby and so did I so off we went. I got some stuff for marketing for work and she needed to get some crafty stuff for Eric's grandma. While we were there I saw that the Christmas Wrapping "Stuff" was 50% off. You have to love Hobby Lobby. So Eric and I each picked out a roll of wrapping paper. I picked out the sparkly blue and silver paper and Eric chose the green diagonal paper. After that we went to the mall which was really busy! Glad we are beating the holiday rush!


Last night we went to a game night that a couple from our small group hosted. Jamie didn't realize that she had scheduled "game night" on THE game night. So we only played games on commercials and watched THE game on TV the rest of the time. We had been shopping all day so I hadn't had time to make a snack to bring so I through together a little snack mix that I thought was pretty tasty!! Eric would eat the nuts that I don't like and I'd eat his raisins! Aren't we a cute couple!!


SPRINKLES!! Who would have thought it would be so hard to find Thanksgiving sprinkles but I've looked in 3 stores, Bakers, Target, and Hobby Lobby. I guess I waited to long because all I can find is Christmas sprinkles. One of my pet peeves concerns Christmas....I don't like all the Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving! (YES we did get our shopping done but we aren't listening to Christmas music and we haven't decorated the house yet!)




OH I almost forgot.....I LOVED "The Blind Side" and Eric liked it (I think he didn't want to admit how much he liked it) I thought it might be a sold out show so when I ran that afternoon I ran to the movie theater and bought our tickets; however Eric didn't believe me that we needed to get there early to get a good seat. We showed up 25 minutes early and there was a HUGE line to get into the theater. There was also another huge line for New Moon. We did get to sit together but we had to sit closer than I would have liked. I felt like a rebel because we snuck our pop into the theater....YIKES! We did buy popcorn though. This was our first trip to the movie theater as a married couple... :-) As we drove to the theater I told Eric things definitely change when you get married because I went in a sweatshirt and Eric was in a t-shirt....no trying to impress each other!!

Well we are watching the Amazing Race tonight! So....I better start paying attention!

3 comments:

  1. I agree that people shouldn't do Christmas things until AFTER Thanksgiving! Every holiday deserves it's day! You guys are so cute! I went to go see The Blind Side and you were right. It was sold out. Anyway I went to the dollar theatre and saw Julie and Julia which was super long but cute! I don't really get why Julia Child didn't like the blog (I looked it up afterwards and it was true she thought it was silly) O well I guess!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressed Jill! Do you have my name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry Lisa I don't...I know that you're wishing I did because you would have a present sitting under the I mean in the Christmas corner! (No tree here)

    Katie I saw Julie and Julia with my mother-in-law on my birtdhay. We both thought it was cute!

    ReplyDelete