Sunday, November 1, 2009

What a beautfiul morning...What a beautiful day

Yesterday was BEAUTIFUL!! Eric and I had so much fun...

We went to church at 10:30 and then Eric wanted to go out to eat. We both wanted to eat outside to enjoy the weather so we headed to Five Guys (a hamburger and fry joint). I was introduced to Five Guys in Nashville and really liked it. It's fairly inexpensive and the hamburgers don't come from frozen patties (important to a girl who grew up on a farm) The french fries are fresh cut...you have the choice of regular or Cajun style....we chose Cajun style. Everyone else had the same idea apparently because the place was PACKED and we were worried we wouldn't be able to find a bench outside. While Eric waited for our number to be called I scouted out the table situation and jumped on one the first chance I got.

Afterward Eric and I did a little house cruising. This is where Eric and I drive through neighborhoods and we look for houses that are for sale. We write down the address if there isn't an information flyer box so we can look up the price on the internet when we get home. But JACKPOT when there is an information flyer box. I jump (seriously) out of the car and run up and grab the information sheet. We have a lot of fun and house cruising has become our hobby. Eric makes fun of me because I get super excited to see these signs and direct Eric in the direction of the sign as joyous cheering soon follows. (No we are not buying a house RIGHT NOW but we have fun seeing how much house you can get for your money)


We came home and the ING New York City Marathon was on TV. I thought I would just check it out for a second but OH NO! We got hooked and watched for about an hour and a half. The woman winner ran the whole marathon 30 minutes slower than I ran my half marathon....OH WELL! AND a runner from the USA won the race the first time since the 1980s although it wasn't Ryan Hall which is who I was routing for....


Of course this made me antsy so Eric and I headed out for a long run. We even had some running commentary (more so at the beginning before we got winded and tired).....Oh they started out strong....Eric is starting to look winded....Oh she's breaking away from the pack...


Here is me at mile 6 during the Country Music Half Marathon last April....lets just say I wasn't still smiling around mile 12.... After finishing I said I would never do another half marathon again but maybe I've forgotten the pain because as I was watching the race this afternoon on TV it made me want to another one....HOWEVER I will NEVER do a whole marathon!!! When the half marathon and marathon runners split in Nashville's race I remember thinking to myself I would DIE if I wasn't even half way done at this point there is no way I can put my body through that much pain. So we will see if I have any comebacks in the future....maybe I should try a 10K first I felt great at that point.....

Of course we had to watch the Amazing Race and Brothers and Sisters (me)!! Then it was off to bed for another week of work. I have decided that I am going to get up in the mornings before work so that I know that I will get my workout in. (Yes, a couple days this week I got home and working out didn't happen) This week is a good week to start because I'm hoping to trick myself because of Daylight Savings Time. Eric gets up at 5 in the morning so I'm just going to start getting up with him so I can get my calorie burning in...... When I get back from Oklahoma City I'm going to start trying out gyms

Happy Monday!!

2 comments:

  1. We are supposed to get a Five Guys. (Wichita....not Rose Hill in case you wondered) I think it is going on the west side but can't remember for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't it a great race? I kinda felt bad for Paula Radcliffe though when she started to fall back..hope she's okay. After the elite runners finished, I went out to watch the masses run by. Wrote about it afterward in my blog - skrettastories.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete