Monday, November 30, 2009

How many people can you fit in a One Bedroom Apartment?

7!!!

We had a change of plans on Friday and everyone decided to meet in Omaha so Brian could catch some good deals he saw in the ads for Black Friday and it would also get Brian and Jillian a tad closer to Hutchinson the next stop on their race around the states for Thanksgiving.

We were happy to have everyone over and even broke out the folding table and chairs (we're putting those wedding presents to use) Only one person had to sit in the lawn chair :-)

Christy brought over BBQ beef and a yummy salad (recipe at a later date)! We threw the BBQ beef in the crockpot to heat up while we headed to Scheel's (similar to Dick's) and Target. Jillian and I might have disappeared for a few minutes to visit one of our favorite stores Francesca's. I could fill a whole blog about my love for Francesca's.....at a later date. The crowds weren't to crazy since we didn't hit the stores till around 11:45.


Thanksgiving day we had a nice time with my family. It included a nice competitive game of Trivial Pursuit. AND guess who's team won!! That's right....MINE! Okay it probably had more to do with Brian and Eric who were my trusted partners in crime. I thought we did a pretty darn good job considering we didn't have someone from other generations like some other teams that were participating. We got to Clay Center around 7:30 Wednesday evening and Grandma and Grandpa treated us to Danny's a great little eatery in downtown Clay Center. Thanks for waiting on us everybody!! I brought the sweet potatoes using a recipe that Christy made last year and is YUMMY! Brian even tried a bite....which is a pretty big deal.

Yes I did steal this picture from Lisa's blog. So if you're related to me its a repeat :-)

We headed to Altantic Friday night and Saturday morning we headed to Boone with my in-laws and Drew! We had the Ladd Thanksgiving at a house that was built in the 1860's. The Ladd's do a reunion in conjunction with Thanksgiving every year so it was fun to visit with people that had come to the wedding that I hadn't had a chance to visit with that night. Eric and I stayed the night in Atlantic again and went to church Sunday morning. It was a really nice service with a great message about believing in something you can't see. I'll leave you with a picture of downtown Atlantic...the picture doesn't do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment