Tuesday, November 17, 2009

MAKEOVER WEEK


Oh my gosh Super Excited that tonight is MAKEOVER WEEK on the Biggest Loser!! This is one of my favorite episodes on the biggest loser and I will probably most definitely going to cry :-) But not so excited that I only get an hour and a half tonight rather than 2 hours. Darn Madagascar something or another.

Speaking of the Biggest Loser....Eric and I are probably about 5 lbs heavier (water weight) from eating dinner last night. We have a church small group on Monday nights so whomever gets home from work on Monday night first is supposed to start making dinner. Last night I didn't get home till close to 6 so Eric was on his own. We had decided what to make the night before and had things laid out to make things go faster. It was a new recipe and I hadn't really looked closely at it because I figured I'll adjust as I go.....WELL Eric did follow the recipe which included adding 1 T of salt to 1 lb of hamburger. The recipe also had cheddar cheese soup and Worcestershire sauce. Can you SCREAM SODIUM!! BUT I would definitely give an A for effort!


Last Friday I got my first big girl Pay Check. It was exciting to get a check even if its not as much as the hubby brings in. It's really sad to see how much money gets taken out for taxes. GROSS! So how's work going? Well it's been an adjustment. I really like the clinical aspect of my job and I feel like I make a difference in my patients lives. I had a really bad day last week and then went to set up a patient and he was an 85 year old man who was a former science teacher. Can you say I was in my element. I love older adults and I love helping people. I'm struggling a little with the sales aspect. It's hard to be told no all day long and if you know me very well being told no isn't something I like :-) I'm hoping as I continue to show my face that I'll begin to get past the front desk....not an easy task.



Oh did I mention that I get to be on-call the week of Christmas. I will say that I'm lucky that I don't have to be here in Omaha to be on-call but I will get to haul around pump manuals and a few other notebooks so that I (hopefully) will be able to help answer questions from all of our patients located across the nation. I thought that I was the lucky one because I was the last hire but someone else just started this week. Oh well hopefully there won't be a lot of questions. Today I saw an e-mail that had all of the dietitians start dates with the company and lets just say that retention isn't a strong point....Over 3/4 of the dietitians with the company have started in 2009......

And as predicted it's happened, I've cried while I've watched the biggest loser. It just gets me every time.

I promise to be a better blogger this week! I don't want to make excuses but last week really was a busy week. I got 2 patients within 2 days. YEAH for the referrals because I get commission and get to educate patients my favorite part :-)

There was just a preview for THE BLIND SIDE!!! I've been waiting to see this since I first saw the previews in October. Eric and I are going this weekend. Okay Over and Out! Check back later this week to see what's happening with the Omaha Ladds

1 comment:

  1. You are quite the busy bee now? Do like being so busy or do you miss your down time? I just realized I only have 8 more months of school.. Pretty scary! :O)

    ReplyDelete