Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!!!

I love daylight savings time....when I get to Fall Back. I woke up at 7:30 all on my own and that's after getting in after 1:00 this morning. I can not say the same for my husband....

We had a fun Halloween with Eric's Work Friends. As we drove home last night we decided it was good that we ended up not hosting the party as I'm sure that the cops would have been called and maybe not just from our downstairs neighbor....

Eric went as a Snuggie model and I was a Mighty Duck, Adam Banks to be exact.

Yes we can both fit in the snuggie together! This was a wedding present from Eric's younger brother Drew. I'm pretty sure it was gifted to me but let's just say that I'm not the primary user...

I had already bought Halloween sprinkles before we decided not to have the party so I decided to take my Famous White Chocolate Popcorn mixture anyway. Everyone loved this recipe when I took it to events in Nashville. Check out the recipe.


White Chocolate Popcorn

1 1/2 lbs almond bark
3 T peanut butter
2 bags microwave popcorn, popped
16 oz jar roasted peanuts
3 c. rice krispies
Holiday Sprinkles (optional)

Combine popcorn (make sure to pick out the kernels that didn't pop, you wouldn't want to be responsible for the chipping of teeth), nuts, and cereal in large mixing bowl. Melt the almond bark and peanut butter in a 1 3/4 quart bowl in the microwave on 50% power for 3-4 minutes or until melted, stirring halfway through. Pour onto the dry mix; coat well. Lay out on 2 waxed paper covered cookie sheets. I usually put the mix into the refrigerator to set up faster. After it sets up, crumble into an airtight bowl or tin for storing. May be frozen.


Well going to a party was not all that we did on Saturday. Since I'm a working woman now we have to do a lot of our shopping on the weekends so we headed to the grocery store. Eric needed to come with me this week because I'm flying to Oklahoma City on Tuesday and won't be back till Friday so Eric will have to fair on his own. I was SUPER EXCITED to head to the grocery store because Kroger was having their buy 10 items get $5 sale. A LOT of the items we also had coupons for and we eat on a semi-regular basis.....fruit snacks (eric), granola bars, frozen pizza (good for me being gone), Hormel Chili (eric), cheese, gum (me), canned tomatoes, ect....

When we picked up the chili Eric said put frozen fries on the list....YES he is going to eat chili cheese fries for dinner one night when I'm gone. He informed me this is the meal and he ate it a lot when he studied abroad in Sweden. Whatever french fries were included on the sale. At the check out we saved $32 yes that's right and we only spent $40.

We had to rush home so we could get ready because we were going to Buffalo Wild Wings to meet some "friends" of Eric's to watch the Nebraska game. The reason I use "friends" is because he met these guys on a K-State message board. It was like meeting a date that you met on the internet. Eric and I both wore purple but wore jackets over them so we could hightail it out of there if they didn't look normal. Well in a sea of red we spotted the purple and they looked normal so we approached. I introduced myself and one of the wives at the table was also named Jill and the other one's name was Renee. I just happen to be named Jill Renee. I thought this was ironic and then I learned one of the guys names is Brent. CRAZY! The other Jill was also Jill Rene (with an asterisk over the e) They were a little older than us but it was fun to hang out with fellow K-Staters. The girls like to work out so we had something to talk about too.


Well I better start thinking about getting ready for church! Hope all you readers had a SPOOKTACULAR Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment