Monday, May 10, 2010

Bowling Injury.....

Yes I do believe I have a bowling injury from Saturday.....what does this mean?!?!

1. I'm really out of shape
OR
2. Used some muscles that I haven't used in awhile

I promise I've been working out so I really don't think its number 1.....I'll go with option number 2. The "unique" aspect of this injury is that it is only "one cheek" that's causing me a lot of pain.....yes that's right. Yesterday I was really "feeling the pain" and I wasn't sure what had caused my "injury" so last night I did a reenactment of my bowling.....OUCH! Eric is enjoying making fun of me....what can I say 3 games of bowling can really cause some damage.

I went to workout this morning and It really hurts to run on the treadmill....I can usually workout the pain at least while I'm working out but not so much today! I had a nice walk. :-)

While we are on the subject of exercise. Today I had to go to my new job and get a physical. I was slightly surprised that I was going to the long term care facility to have it done but I went with it. They told me to dress comfortably so of course I was wondering if this meant I could wear workout clothes.....lets just say Eric was NO help! I ended up wearing workout pants and a t-shirt. I was glad I did.

Here was my physical:
They took my blood pressure and pulse....good on both

1. Lift hands above head 10 times....check
2. Do 10 squats...check
3. Bend over to touch your toes 10 times....check
4. Lift 45 lbs.....EEK!....check (YHEW!!)
5. Do 75 steps on a stair-stepper....check

Re-checked my pulse....and it barely changed....that's right!

Sooo.....You can rest assured I passed. I think Eric was worried about me passing as he called during his lunch hour to check on things. When I called him back he mentioned how happy I sounded on my new voicemail message. Lets just say Eric is enjoying having his happy wife back! :-)

FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK....THE STAY-AT-HOME WIFE IS BACK
(at least for this week)
STAY TUNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment