Sunday, May 30, 2010

5 Ingredient Meal

So I was computing yesterday looking for recipes for the week and I ended up on kraft.com and I stumbled across a recipe for Grilled Greek Chicken Kabobs......last time Eric and I made kabobs they didn't turn out the best so I decided to follow the recipe but skip the kabob part.....check it out below!

GREEK CHICKEN

1/2 cup KRAFT Greek Vinaigrette Dressing
2 Tbsp. KRAFT Real Mayo Mayonnaise
1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 red onion, cut into rings
1 lemon, halved

MIX dressing and mayo; pour over chicken in shallow dish. Stir to evenly coat all chicken pieces. Refrigerate to marinate.

HEAT grill to medium-high heat.

GRILL until chicken and onion rings until done, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, place lemon, cut-sides down, on grill grate next to kabobs; grill until heated through.

SQUEEZE lemon juice over chicken just before serving.



Eric got our onion rings a little scorched....it happens

As you can see I added grilled zucchini and yellow squash to our meal which is DELICIOUS!!! We've never grilled veggies and my parents were here this past week and I decided we should try it and the result is GREAT!! I drizzle olive oil over cut squash/zucchini and sprinkle with seasoned salt, black pepper and a little garlic powder. Then I mix it all up to ensure its evenly distributed and ask Eric to put them on the grill!!

Eric and I were working in the yard late yesterday afternoon and one of the neighbors came up and let us know they were having some people who moved in this week over for a BBQ and let us know that we could come over. We had fun and its nice to be able to walk across the yard to get home! Granted we were about 5-10 years younger than everyone there. They were all talking about what year then graduated from high school and they turned to us and we said 2004....."WHAT THE 2000's that's crazy"......... and we don't have kids.....so we were a little out of the loop. The new neighbors have a 3 year old and a 5 week old.

Tonight we are trying a new recipe.....Carne Asada.....and NO I didn't get the recipe off of kraft.com!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can attest that the grilled veggies were delicious (the earlier version anyway!)

    ReplyDelete