Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Days of a stay-at-home wife

Yes that's right I'm back to being a stay-at-home wife.....even if its just for a week! Those of you who have followed me from the beginning know that I started this blog to chronicle of my life as a stay-at-home wife......more like making fun of myself and the things that I did to entertain myself during those LONG days while I was searching for a job and my hubby was off at work.

MY Top 10 Duties of a stay-at-home wife:

1. Laundry

I can do number 1 and work on number 8 at the same time :-)

2. Clean the house

3. Dodge all phone calls (okay so this is a new one.....but I don't answer my phone anymore unless I know who it is) It was hard enough having to break up with 3 bosses and a few referral sources.....now I let my voicemail break up with them. I'm averaging about 3 calls per day and my new voicemail is doing the trick...no voicemails! :-) It's very weird for me to listen to my phone ring and to ignore it after months of jumping for the phone in order not to miss a possible referral.

4. Supervise the lawnscaping crew
If it doesn't rain tomorrow then they should be back tomorrow to till in some soil and then I can plant some lovely plants/flowers! That will be an adventure in itself......

5. Work out at whatever time of day I choose. Yesterday at noon....Today around 2:45....Tomorrow to be determined :-)

6. Beauty Sleep (unless my cell phone rings and wakes me up ....which of course I'm ignoring)

7. Have dinner on the table (okay so not literally the moment he gets home but I've usually done so prep work)

8. Catch up on my DVR'ed shows (okay so I DVR'ed some movies that were on TV this past weekend....I knew I might get bored....I'm averaging 1 per day.....)

9. Answer my husbands every beckon call.....HAHA!! NOT!

10. ENJOY MY WEEK OFF! MOST DEFINITELY!!!!

Tonight I'm trying out my own version of chicken enchiladas. If they turn out great you can expect the recipe later this week. We also had manicotti earlier this week.....YUM!



No comments:

Post a Comment