Thursday, May 6, 2010

True Nebraskan

Well one day it had to happen and I happened to have a deadline...May 31st. My Kansas car tags were set to expire at the end of the month so I decided while I have the time I should head to the DMV and get things set up.

You didn't think I'd really put my own tags up did you... :-)

WHAT A PROCESS NEBRASKA! First I had to have my car "inspected".....basically I paid $10 to have them write down my odometer reading....seriously. Then on into the office to wait in line....and wait some more....and you guessed it I got to wait some more. The computers crashed so they were even slower than normal. Finally I get to the counter and when I bought my car in 2003 my dad's name was also put on the title. THANK YOU Kansas for not having to have both people on the title have to sign the title....Seriously it says Randy OR Jill not AND! But they had never had anyone from a different state, with a different last name (yes I was smart enough to bring my marriage certificate WHEW!) and want to get a title and register in the great state of Nebraska.

NO WORRIES I had to sign the back of the title like I was selling it to myself from my old last name to my new last name. AND NOW I have Nebraska plates.......okay I haven't put them on the car yet but I at least have them ;-)

I also now have a Nebraska cell-phone number and will using that number exclusively. If you want my number just let me know!



As you all should know if you are a faithful follower.....tomorrow is MY LAST DAY at work!!! PRETTY EXCITING. I've already been planning my new voicemail for my phone :-) You can count on it 5:00 o'clock tomorrow it will no longer be.....This is Jill ****, Registered Dietitian with ******, I'm currently with a patient. If this is after 5 or on the weekend, or need immediate assistance please call 800-***-****. (It was something like that)

I think my new voice mail message will be. Hey you've reached Jill ****, leave me a message. If you're trying to contact ****** please call 800-***-**** as I am no longer working for *****. BOOYAH! (okay probably minus the BOOYAH)

OKAY WELL TUNE IN TOMORROW TO FIND OUT HOW ERIC AND I DECIDE TO CELEBRATE!

3 comments:

  1. Will the tag say BR 549.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the tags, the phone, and the last day of work! Quite a week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I see a little red car I think of you, and I'm always looking to see if it has the appropriate Kansas county tag! Now even the RIGHT little red car won't. Ah well! You really are a true Nebraskan with both a tag and a phone number. But you'll always be our little Kansas farm girl, too! Love you!

    ReplyDelete