Thursday, February 4, 2010

American Heart Month


Don't forgot to wear Red tomorrow because FRIDAY FEBRUARY 5th is National Wear RED DAY!!

Did you know that heart disease is the leading cause of death in both men and women! In honor of American Heart Month I am giving away Heart Healthy Trail Mix on my sales call this week. Instead of giving Valentines Candy I thought I'd provide a heart healthy snack. I don't have all of the stuff to decorate my bags here at the house but I'll be sure to take a picture tomorrow when I get them done! But in the meantime here's my recipe for.............

Heart Healthy Trail Mix


Almonds

Can help reduce your risk for heart disease. They are full of Vitamin E which can lower Low density lipoproteins (LDL) cholesterol by eating just a handful a day.

GO LEAN CRISP!

(naturally sweetened multi-grain cluster cereal)
FULL OF FIBER! Fiber keeps us feeling full longer which helps with weight loss/maintenance. Being at a healthy weight also helps reduce risk of heart disease.

MultiGrain Cheerios

  • Whole grain foods decrease serum LDL-cholesterol and triglycerides, thus contributing to their protective role against heart disease.

Dried Blueberries and Cranberries

Anthocyanins, antioxidants found in blue-red pigments such as blueberries, improve the integrity of support structures in the veins and entire vascular system which helps fight heart disease.

    • Dark Chocolate
A piece of dark chocolate a day -- a very small piece -- keeps the doctor away. Dark chocolate can significantly reduce the inflammation that leads to cardiovascular disease


Another one of my favorite red things!! KETCHUP and boy do I have news for you........


Recognize these bad boys. Well, I've always thought that they don't have enough ketchup in them because I have to use a bajillion to get enough ketchup and apparently others thought the same thing (and yes I do admit to using A LOT of ketchup) I've been known to order french fries just to be able to have ketchup. Sad I know.

BUT I JUST SAW ON THE NEWS......PRESENTING THE NEW KETCHUP PACKET!!

DIP AND SQUEEZE KETCHUP PACKET!!

WATCH THIS VIDEO

Watch the video that CBS had on TV tonight if you want a demo!!

If you don't want to take the time I did take pictures of the demo on the TV! YES I am a dork. But it's all in a days life of a blogger!

Sorry the picture is kinda crappy... but you might be able to get the general jist!

SQUEEZE
You can tear the top like the old ketchup packet......or better yet

DIP
You can dip your fries/chicken nuggets in the packet....I will for sure be using the dipping method.


YHEW! Well remember to wear red tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the heart healthy trail mix recipe! Thanks!!! p.s. you are so darn smart, speaking all of your medical lingo. :o) I can't wait to be at that point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learning to comment
    --christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's see if it works
    --christy

    ReplyDelete