Sunday, February 28, 2010

Santa Fe Cheesecake

Well, all I have to say is that it pays off to be a planner sometimes.....(okay I think all the time :-) We signed up to bring snacks for our small group on Monday so Sunday afternoon I was busy flipping through recipe books finding the perfect fit.....And I came across a recipe for Santa Fe Cheesecake....we love cheesecake and Mexican but the two mixed you may ask.....SIMPLY WONDERFUL!

Now back to planning ahead. I made the cheesecake base for the dip and then also made our dessert on Sunday night and thank god I did.....my plan for Monday was to come home early and get things around before small group. I also got a call from Eric as I was walking out the door to go to work and he let me know we forgot the GPS in his car. No problem I NEVER get set-ups on Monday....well I spoke to soon! I had 2 referrals on Monday that were going home....now only one actually went home (yes this happens ALL the time) but the one that I did set up was in the country outside of Lincoln.....SO I had to print directions off the internet at work...GASP I know! I was happy the family had also given me directions via the phone.

But anyways Eric got a call at work telling him he would need to finish up the cheesecake and take them to small group because I would most definitely be late. I told him to put the White Chocolate Popcorn in a nice bowl.....Eric's response oh the plastic one in the pantry....Eric I said "nice" bowl....like the ones we got for wedding presents not the 99 cent special from Wal-Mart....sometimes I just know ;-) And of course I told him to take a picture so I could feature the recipe on the blog.....

Don't you just want to dig in....I know you do!

Here's the Recipe:
2 packages (8 oz) cream cheese, softenend
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cups sour cream, divided
1 package taco seasoning
3 eggs
1/2 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
1/2 can (4 oz) chopped jalepenos

Topping:
2/3 cup salsa
1/2 cup green onions, sliced
1/3 cup tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup black olives

Tortilla chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat at medium speed cream cheese and cheddar cheese until fluffy. Blend in 1 cup of the sour cream and taco seasoning. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in chiles/jalepenos. Pour into a 10-inch springform pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes. Top with remaining 1 cup sour cream. Bake 5 minutes longer. Remove from oven: loosen edges from rim of pan. Cool completely. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.3-4 hours. Remove pan rim. Put on plate an top with salsa, onions, tomatoes and olives. Serve with thick tortilla chips. Yield: 20 servings

Note: Half of the recipe can be made in an 8-inch springform pan.

Sorry I have been lagging in my blogging, work has been keeping me super busy and I haven't gotten home till at least 7:00 every night this week and I already know that is going to be true of tonight as well......Oh well at least business is picking up.....Well I better get to work!

1 comment: