Saturday, February 20, 2010

Still Washerless.....

Saturday was supposed to be the day....our washer was supposed to come; however that is not the case. Nebraska Furniture Mart called me several times Friday....the first to tell me the washer would be delivered on Monday....next call they re-scheduled the following Saturday....at that point I asked to speak to a Manager.....someone called me back but I was on the phone with a patient and on my voice mail basically explained they really don't know when our washer will come because Maytag hasn't updated them....So I called back and asked to speak to a manager who basically was mad that I was calling to complain about the fact we had paid cash, our sales person told us when we bought it, the washer was in stock and no problem to deliver on the 12th. Nebraska furniture mart refuses to take any responsibility on this matter and basically will only apologize on behalf of Maytag. I don't think they understand what a lie is. I told them that when you have a bad experience you tell 10 people and I still need furniture for our house but I refuse to purchase anything from them again because they have never offered to compensate for our situation. The manager's response, well why would be compensate you with a gift certificate excreta if you're never going to shop here again.....And I yes I'm sure that we will be the last people to receive a washer who are on the list because of my complaining.....

Vowing to not shop at Nebraska furniture mart might seem like an easy thing to do.....however, finding other furniture stores to shop at......not an easy task here in Omaha!

So Eric and I made a little road trip on Saturday...to Ceresco, NE. What is here you might ask.....Ernie's of course....the largest family owned furniture store in Nebraska and yes Ernie's is about the only thing in the town.....BUT WE HAD SUCCESS!! We bought a TV stand and 2 side tables for the living room. Both Eric and I were impressed with the selections and quality of the furniture at the store. I forgot my camera on the trip but I promise pictures to come when the loot gets delivered on Thursday.

Why we need a TV stand....This used to be our dining room table!

If you look closely that is my glass of tea just waiting to be knocked over. We (I) can't wait to have side tables.

Oh yes, we are using a folding table and chairs as our dining room table....but in all seriousness what a great wedding gift!

Eric's parents called on Saturday morning and were coming to Omaha for a Home and Garden show at the Quest center so after a quick trip to Ceresco we headed to downtown Omaha for the show. We got lots of brochures from fence companies, landscaping businesses and tree sellers. WHEW! Lots to do!! No we won't do it all this spring/summer but we decided that it would be a good time to collect information.

(Tired yet??) Well Saturday is definitely not over....Then we jetted back home grabbed our dessert bars and threw together a salad for Eric's work party. We watched a movie that was aired on HBO, called Temple Grandin. She is an autistic woman who has become one of top scientists in humane livestock handling and yes Eric's company is one of the best in the nation on this subject and Temple herself comes several times a year to bring students from Colorado State to teach them. Temple designed the barns for Eric's plant. Okay, I will admit I wasn't super excited to watch what I thought was going to be a biography about this woman but it was a movie that was really funny. I always enjoy hanging out with Eric's co-workers.


The couple who hosted the watch party live a couple of blocks from us so Eric asked if we could bring a load of laundry....when we walked in Beth asked if we felt like we were coming home from college. When Eric asked if we could do laundry, Beth said we could as long as we would serve as a "safe house" for her kids to come to in the neighborhood. :-) Her kids are adorable and I hope they do come over sometimes when it gets nicer out!

WHEW! Sorry for the long post...today was equally busy with church....dining room table shopping....set up for a patient that went home from the hospital...Eric made dinner....BUSY BUSY BUSY!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Dave and I watched that movie a couple weeks ago. We enjoyed it. Did you find a table?

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO Table....We (I) are pretty picky because I know it will be something we will have for a LONG time. I found one at Ethan Allen that I like but Eric hasn't seen it yet and they were closed today....maybe we'll go look tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully that movie will eventually be available on our satellite pay-per-view. Don't know what I did to raise such a germ-a-phobe. You probably don't remember since you were fairly young at the time, but I had to do laundry in a laudromat for quite awhile when we did our kitchen remodel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better tell Waren Buffet that another one of his compaines is lying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you guys need me to get on the phone with Nebraska Furniture Mart! Just another (of many) to keep me in your life :O)

    ReplyDelete