Sunday, February 28, 2010

Washer Debacle!

You guessed it....Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM) called on Friday....I recognized the guy's name because I had talked to him before.....

My first response was "Let me guess you're re-scheduling to next Saturday....AGAIN"

His response, "Actually, March 14"

My response, "Whatever".....I didn't even have the will to fight them anymore.

SO....I then preceded to call my hubby at work and let him know that I was done dealing with this washer mess. So we decided that Eric was going to call NFM and cancel our order for the washer and make them come pick up the dryer for free and in return give us a full refund.

In the meantime I started calling around to find out what companies in town had washers/dryers in stock. And that is when I stumbled upon a salesman named Seth at Lowe's. They had what our W/D in stock and can deliver on Sunday.....ummm let me think for a second YES!! So Eric and I headed over to Lowe's checked it out AND got a DEAL! We asked for the price we payed at NFM and they gave it to us!!!! (What they didn't know is I would have payed anything to have a W/D this weekend.

BEHOLD:


Check these babies out in another angle:
Did we have any hiccups with Lowe's? Well since I'm asking you can probably guess...we ran into a small glitch when they didn't bring the right power cord which we specifically asked about when we bought the W/D. Eric and I were very firm that they would have to go back or have someone bring them the right one. Also they scratched the wall in our laundry room. At that point I really just wanted to do our laundry.

How much laundry do two people accumulate over 2 weeks.....check it out....


YES...it was spilling out over our 2 baskets


Separated into darks, whites, and towels.

The Man-of-the-House had quite the task before him today.....putting up the mural of pictures in our entry way. It wasn't fun the first time in the apartment so I had to do a lot of coaxing to get him to tackle this special project. I cleaned and went grocery shopping during his task because we work better on tasks like this separately.

Check out his handy work....and ENGINEERING skills. I knew I married him for more than reaching tall things :-)






My mom took this picture when my dad and her went to San Fran... I love calla lilies...hint why they were the flower we used at our wedding.



Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. YAY for finally getting your W/D! What a mess. Good for you for being firm...I admire that! Also, the cala lily photo is absolutely beautiful. Looks professional!

    p.s. I think I need Eric to come create a mural masterpiece for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you were able to finally get your washer and dryer! What a huge mess!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you used your mom's picture.

    ReplyDelete