Friday, February 12, 2010

We're HOME!!!

YES we all survived the big move and we are getting settled into our house! Bad news I couldn't find my camera during the move......and I'm new at having internet on my phone and a little to late I realized I could take pictures on my camera. Here is the moving crew eating lunch. Christy brought her famous Chicken Tortilla Soup.....so yummy.....and great on such a cold day!

Where's Alan you might ask?? Just sitting by himself at the bar.

I'm honestly surprised how much stuff we got put away....lots of thanks to our moms. The boys were good at moving the big stuff but after that part of their job was done they didn't have much motivation to do much else. I believe they read the paper and sat on the couch. Alan did try to get out and scrap off our patio in our backyard that we still haven't seen.

We got lots accomplished today and it felt like we had a revolving door......first Nebraska Furniture Mart came and delivered our Fridge and dryer....are you thinking to yourself won't they need a washer??? Why yes but that will not be delivered until Saturday the 20th. (Long story short Whirpool ran out of a part and now are behind in production.....yes we were promised when we bought our appliances that they were in stock and no problem to deliver on the 12th when we bought them....ha!......okay back to who came to visit....next, Budget Blinds came and we decided on faux wood blinds in the bedrooms and roman shades for the living/dining room (Brian and Jillian used them for their blinds and were happy we even got 10% off for saying they referred us) and finally.....Cox came by to set up our cable and internet and after much searching he discovered that our builder had stapled through the cable wiring.....YHEW!!!

Well we are busy watching the Opening Ceremony to the Olympics and tomorrow our trip to the Little Apple for the Basketball game!!

2 comments:

  1. Yea for you!! Our blinds are all from budget blinds. We are happy with them. We still need to do the basement. With all the windows down there, it feels like we are in a fish bowl with everyone looking in!! Every year I say it is a priority and then we don't do it!! Have fun tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! Home, sweet home! Can't wait to see the pics as things find their places and rooms get decorated!! Wish you were closer so we could come visit and help you out. Have a blast tomorrow, and GO CATS!!

    p.s. great tip about the Budget Blinds. I'm logging that away in my memory for a future time. I love the faux wood blinds and hope to have them as well! Good choice, along with the romans!

    p.p.s. thanks for being so excited about my big blogging news!! I was thrilled!

    ReplyDelete