Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!!

Hope all of you had a nice Valentines Day! What did the newly married couple do??? Well.....we cleaned our apartment...I know I know we are so exciting and romantic....




Do you notice that I'm cleaning down low and Eric's cleaning up high? That is what makes our relationship work so well!! Eric is there to reach high things for me and I'm little enough to get into small spaces.

AND YES crazy from down below watched us from the blinds as we left the apartment.....we waved :-) Turning in our keys felt awesome!! I can't tell you all how happy we are to be in our very own place; however at the moment all of our neighbors can keep an eye on us as we have no blinds or curtains. Hope they are all saying that they want to meet that nice couple when it gets nicer out.

I made Special K Bars this afternoon for a sweet treat for Eric on Valentines Day. Eric's mom Christy gave me this recipe and says she used this recipe often when the boys would forget to tell her they needed to take treats for something.

Eric shoveled snow while I made him treats!! I like that arrangement.

Here's the recipe for Special K Bars!!

1 c white syrup
1 c sugar
1 1/2 c peanut butter
5 c special K or corn flakes
1/2 c chocolate chips
1/2 c butterscotch chips

Combine 1 c white syrup and 1 c sugar and bring to boil and remove from heat.



Stir in 1 1/2 c peanut butter until smooth



Pour over 5 c special k or cornflakes



Stir and press in 9 X13 pan


Top with melted 1/2 c chocolate chips and 1/2 c butterscotch chips.





ENJOY!

My parents stayed on Friday night and tonight Eric's cousin Leah is staying with us as she was driving from Iowa back to her job in South Dakota and interstate 1-29 was closed due to white out conditions. We had lasanga and are now watching the Olympics! I LOVE that we now have room for visitors and they can have there very own room and bathroom.......we love to have visitors and we would love to have you here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment