Sunday, April 18, 2010

Auction Time

***First off I would like to send my prayers to the Poole family, friends of Melody and the entire Stafford Community who are grieving the loss of someone so young. May everyone feel god's loving embrace and comfort during the coming days and weeks***

I've been gearing up for this weekend for awhile. You see our church here in Omaha was given all of the model home furniture from a builder here in town to auction off for a fundraiser to aid in sending kids on mission trips. The auction ended up being on Saturday and Sunday but I had already committed to going to a baby shower on Saturday so that left Sunday for me to peruse the selections.

Now growing up on the farm I've been to my share of auctions, ranging from cattle, machinery and an occasional estate sale. I rember going with my dad or Grandpa Fritzemeier and I was always scared to even scratch my nose as I didn't want the auctioneer to think I was going to buy something. When we went to the Pratt Livestock auction we always got to eat a Cinnamon Roll...YUM!!

Enough with memory lane. I had my eye on a desk for our office but that wasn't going to sell till later in the afternoon. I had to go by myself as Eric had gone to Manhattan for a FH event. So to kill time I decided to see what other treasures I might muster up.

My only purchase of the day. The desk went over what I was willing to pay. :-( I also bid on a fake tree and some greenery but I guess I was feeling cheap. I'm not happy to say that I think that Eric's "price consciousness" is staring to wear off on me.

I decided to replace the office lamp we had been using in the guest bedroom with a little more "grown up" lamp.

Since I didn't spend much at the auction Eric and I decided to go look for a grill.
You have NO idea how excited I have been to get a grill. I have never had a grill since I left home for college (unless you count the grill at Kappa) SO....a caterer I had been using struck a deal with us that for every $250 we spent on catering he would give us $25 Visa cards. So as you can see from above I had $125 saved up....before I quit using them. Eric once suggested we buy a used grill off Craigs List and I got a little upset. I'd been "saving" up for the grill and it was one of the few joys I've gotten out of my current job....sad I know.

SUCCESS!! at least until Eric starts having to put it together.....

As I type I'm watching the country music awards...I MISS NASHVILLE! Eric can we PLEASE move back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment