Thursday, April 15, 2010

Traveling with Boys....

First off I'm feeling much better today. Thanks for the well wishes!

As you know if you're a regular to my blog I traveled to Denver on Monday for some training on Hospital Sales Calls. This wasn't a training for dietitians but I think that one of my area managers didn't want me to feel left out......

SO...8 of us flew out of the Omaha airport...5 from Omaha, 2 from Lincoln and 1 from Fremont.....and yes I was the only girl. Now if you think about my background I'm a dietitian....are you thinking so what? Since graduating high school I've been surrounded by girls. Guys are the minority in dietetics but I was definitely the minority at the Oxygen sales meeting. Out of 25 people I think there were 5 women....I was the youngest by far. I can say that I cramped some of their style but what's a girl to do. I would just like to say that I carried on my luggage....I mean seriously people I was an expert by the end of my internship. I couldn't believe how many of the guys checked luggage.

Lincoln has a new rep and when we landed in Denver he came up to me and was perplexed at the number of people that rushed outside to get a lung cancer :-0 We work for an oxygen company and a large percentage of the offices smoke....I just patted him on the back and told him I went through the same shock...you'll get over it....but never stop thinking they are stupid.

Tomorrow is Friday!! Eric's dad is coming and staying tomorrow night to do some yard stuff....my contribution....Beef Enchiladas....Check back for the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment