Thursday, April 29, 2010

Landscaping

As most of you know Eric and I recently bought a house here in Omaha. We are the first people to live in it which is amazing but it also means that we have some work to do. Next on the honey-do list.....LANDSCAPING.

One of Eric's co-workers had used a company where they come to your house take pictures and then complete a design for you. There isn't any cost in having it done and we wanted some advice in what to do.

So here is what we have right now.

By the way the random plants in the middle of the yard won't be there....he was just showing us some other plants that we could try.....that would be a bit random for us.

This is the second draft and we have made a few changes to this as well. Eric and I still have to discuss some things....but I think we are going to have them cut out the shape and till in some good soil and compost.....aren't you all impressed with my gardening vocabulary..... this is definitely something new to me but I'm excited to get my hands dirty....literally!

We just got back from a nursery to compare prices and so I could look at the real deal in person....I was OVERWHELMED....so many plants and varieties ect. GOODNESS GRACIOUS! I'll keep you updated as we progress on this project!

HAPPY FRIDAY TOMORROW!!

5 comments:

  1. My advise - don't plant anything so close togehter that you can't mow around it with a riding mower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you want me to bring a pickup load of natural organic fertilizer.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I believe we will be okay....thanks for the offer....it might be a little smelly for us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wandered over from your Mom's blog-- I think! I love the profile pic-- just beautiful! Where was that taken??

    I'm thinking that there are a huge group of KSU fans out here in blog land!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all the comments! Glad to know someone is out there reading my posts! Mrs E my profile picture or my mom's?? Happy May everyone!

    ReplyDelete