Thursday, April 22, 2010

Grilling Fools

At the moment, our entertainment for the evening....the neighborhood children..... have apparently built a fort in one of the play houses and have all trooped back over from their respective houses in their PJs.....I think they might all be on something their energy level is up a couple of notches from their normal enthusiasm. Let me tell you they are the best birth control.....they have SO much energy.....well onto to tonight's dinner!


You guessed it tonight we broke out the grill again. Can you blame me I've been "patiently" waiting to get one so we better break it in!

I've been dying to try a recipe for BBQ Bacon Grilled Chicken Sandwiches that Chelsie featured on her blog awhile back. She raved about the success of this recipe and Eric and I gave it 2 thumbs up.

Sandwich Fixings:
  • 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed & ready to go
  • 4-6 hamburger buns
  • 4-6 slices of your favorite cheese
  • Cooked bacon slices (2 slices per sandwich: We use Center Cut Bacon because its the healthiest type of bacon....not that bacon is healthy....and yes its better than turkey bacon)
  • Desired toppings, i.e. lettuce/spinach leaves, fresh-sliced tomatoes, sweet or red onion slices, etc.
Marinade:
  • 1/4 c. vegetable oil
  • 1/2 c. red wine vinegar
  • 1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 Tbsp. dry mustard
  • few shakes of garlic powder
  • shake or two of chili powder
  • 1 c. of your favorite BBQ sauce (In case you were wondering my favorite is Curly's and Eric's is KC Masterpiece.....but since I prepared the marinade I chose my favorite :-)
Marinate your chicken breasts in the sauce overnight or several hours prior to making; reserve about 1 c. for basting while the chicken's grilling.

Grilling Instructions:
This is where Eric's help comes in. Fire up your grill. Grill chicken breasts until juices run clear now don't use the same utensil for the raw chicken as you do with the cooked chicken....I'm just saying you don't want to get sick. Take that 1 cup of sauce and baste both sides of your chicken breasts...just slather it all over until they're nice and covered! (I can't attest for this part because I forgot to save a cup and there was no way I was going to use the marinade that was raw chicken infested.....and neither should you! Now, go ahead and cook your bacon strips too. When chicken is very close to being done, go add your cheese slices until they're all gooey, melty, and delicious!







Well all....good night! Tomorrow is Friday in case you forgot....I didn't :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment