Monday, April 19, 2010

Beef Enchiladas

On Friday, Eric's dad was gracious enough to come over and share some of his Omaha Gro. He bought a truck load and shared some of it with us. When I thanked Alan for bringing the dirt he corrected me that is was compost......OOPS!


Well while the boys were hard at work I was busy in the kitchen making dinner.

Beef Enchiladas was on the menu! **Disclaimer**Not the healthiest meal that I've featured but it sure is good and is a family favorite.

Here's what you'll need:
  • Tortillas
  • 1 lb hamburger
  • 2-3 cans enchilada sauce
  • shredded cheese
  • canola oil
I find its easiest if you form an assembly line. Heat up oil in pan in frying pan. Dip tortillas in oil an turn over with tongs. Dip both sides in enchilada sauce and then place beef and some cheese (I mix enchilada sauce with the beef to add a little more flavor) inside and roll. Place in greased pan. After all enchiladas are rolled sprinkle cheese on top. Cook at 350 and bake until bubbly.



1 comment:

  1. I recently changed my enchilada method. Instead of dipping torillas in hot oil, I dip them in hot enchilada sauce. It still softens them and is better for you than the oil. Thought I would share since I think you got the oil dipping from me!

    ReplyDelete