Thursday, April 8, 2010

A nice cold one!

BAD DAY #2

Not to be a debbie downer but seriously people....I'm only trying to help. I had a patient start screaming at me on the phone today because I had asked, "How do you feel about your weight loss?" I was only trying some motivational interviewing by using open ended questions......didn't think I'd set a patient off with it. After yelling at me using some colorful language she hung up on me. About 15 minutes later she calls back and lays into me a second time. She threatened to switch companies and I asked where she'd like me to send my notes. It won't hurt me any to have her leave and I'll have a heck of a lot more time on my hands.....

Well now that I got that off my chest on to better things.

I spoke at an ALS support group tonight about what tube feeding is and how it an improve quality of life. I really enjoyed visiting with the people in attendance and learned some more about the disease.

Eric and I met at Roja after wards, a great Mexican restaurant near our house and I was definitely in need of a drink. And my Budlight hit the spot!

YEAH for tomorrow being FRIDAY!!! WHOOP!! I am going to attempt to make Chicken lo Mein with LOTS of fresh veggies this weekend! Look forward to this cooking adventure sometime this weekend on the blog. I'm hoping to get in a good workout tomorrow afternoon after work if the weather cooperates. It will be nice to work out some of my frustrations on the pavement. :-)

1 comment: