Sunday, April 11, 2010

Wonderful Weekend!

AMAZING!! Describes our weekend here in Omaha!

Friday we went for a run/walk for over an hour in the gorgeous weather! Upon getting back I had multiple voicemails from the on-call RD and our local respiratory therapist....one of my patients out near Grand Island was completely out of formula.....lets just say that if I would have had to drive to Grand Island at 7:00 on a Friday night I wouldn't be working for my company on Monday. However, I got lucky and somebody was coming to Omaha and could pick up the formula from our house. So Eric and I went to the office (a much quicker drive than the 2 hour trek to Grand Island....one way)

Saturday we headed to Creston, Iowa to visit Eric's grandma who is on the mend from a couple of falls recently. Her jaw is broken and therefore has to eat a pureed diet....while we were there I got to go to the grocery store and then I made a batch of potato soup which I then put through the blender.

Sunday was AWESOME! We got up and went to church where the message was very practical and applicable to real life. Pastor Craig talked about how while god forgives us of sin that doesn't mean there aren't consequences to the sin we commit. Next, we did a run/walk in the neighborhood.

I really felt like an adult today because we went to Menard's (kinda like Lowes/Home Depot) and bought some grown up stuff for the house!

More on our purchases later this week!

I decided to strap on my medical gloves and pick up the cigarette butts and construction debris left over from the construction company!



This smile was short lived when I found this present in our window well.....

3 Blind Mice...See how they run...well okay...more like 4 dead mice...see how they lie. I'm totally grossed out and am making Eric bait the entire perimeter of our house to kill off any potential critters from wanting make their home in ours. We only need 2 living beings in this house.

No I didn't cook the mice for dinner. (GROSS) I made Chicken Lo Mein. I'll put the recipe up later this week! It was Delicious and Nutritious!!

And we finished off the day by getting ice cream at DQ! I learned from my husband who is a former DQ worker that their curl at the top of the ice cream cone is trademarked....he was not impressed with the swirl on my cone.

Well I'm off to Denver tomorrow night and will back late Tuesday night so no new blog posts till Wednesday for me! Check you later!!

1 comment:

  1. May big strong Eric needs to pick up mice. Your mother would make me.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete