Friday, October 2, 2009

Answer of the Day....

NO! The paper was not on my deck this morning when I woke up; however, my friend Corey (newspaper delivery supervisor) called me before I could call him (Probably because I was still ASLEEP) I really need to work on my "you woke me up and I'm trying to answer the phone like I've been up for awhile" answering skills. Another day another day....

Anyways back to Corey...He personally brought my paper to me today. This is a first and it was kind of exciting to meet my "friend" in person. I even put my hair in a ponytail so I didn't look like a complete slob. He informed me that he had to fire the last delivery person and from my personal experiences she wasn't the best :-) BUT this means that he has to train a new person where to throw the paper. I have a feeling that we will never get the Friday paper (I really wanted to ask to take a picture of him so I could post a picture for all of you readers out there.....but I resisted the temptation because I'm sure he already thinks I'm a little crazy...I mean really who cares this much about their Friday paper)

Last night Eric and I had Chili and Cornbread.....YUM! I even got to use the big crockpot we got for a wedding present!

Eric and I are going to a get-together for Eric's work tomorrow night at his boss's house. (You might wonder where does this husband of mine works....well Eric has informed me that he does not want me to disclose where he works. I guess he's nervous about what I'll reveal but since he's bringing home the bacon I will respect his wishes.) We were assigned to bring a dessert so I am making a couple of kinds of cookies and making a cookie platter. I froze the surprise middle cookies and yesterday I made Cranberry Cheese Bars!


They are pretty good! 3 out of the 4 recipes that I am making are new recipes that come from a cookbook that my Aunt Kathy and her family gave us for a wedding present!


If you look closely you can see the cookbook stand that we also got for a wedding present! LOVE IT! It comes in very handy.

The Stay-at-Home Wife Agenda is as follows today:

1. Brave the cold (50 degrees) and run outside BRRRR. I am going to have to find my running pants. Not sure where I put those away at.
2. Read the Friday Paper (Since I put up such a fuss to get it I need to spend some time perusing the paper)
3. Go to the Library and pick up a book.
4. Search for jobs....
5. Make Luscious Lemon Bars
6. Make Autumn Apple Bars
7. Wait for my hubby to come home! Best part of the day! He's so wonderful :-)
8. Maybe rent a movie from the Redbox with Eric (we have one within walking distance)

Well....looks like I have a lot to do today better get moving!!

2 comments:

  1. Good blog, Jill. Keeping your cookbook on the floor is a good way to keep it clean! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can be a messy cook what can I say!! You have to take the necessary precautions :-)

    ReplyDelete