Friday, October 16, 2009

What's For Dinner

LASAGNA and spinach lasagna at that!


Eric wanted lasagna this week. He asked and so he received. I think he was happy since he ate 2 1/2 pieces last night. I guess he was hungry. I had never seen anyone eat lasagna the way he did.

He took apart each layer and spread it out on his plate. Who does that?

Here's the recipe and not only is it quick but its SUPER EASY!!

Quick Lasagna

8 oz pkg lasagna noodles (uncooked)
32 oz spaghetti sauce
1 lb browned beef
1 carton ricotta cheese
12 oz mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
optional: 1 cup frozen spinach

Brown ground beef; drain and add to spaghetti sauce. Add defrosted spinach. Grease bottom of 9X13 inch pan with a little sauce mixture. Combine ricotta and mozzarella cheeses. Put 3 uncooked noodles on top of sauce in pan. Layer with 1/3 of sauce and 1/3 of cheese mixture. Repeat layers 2 times. If desired, sprinkle with 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake 30 minutes in 375 degree oven. Remove cover and bake another 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Nutrition Bites:
  • I choose to use low-fat ricotta cheese instead of the full fat version.
  • Buy part-skim mozzarella cheese to reduce calories and fat in this recipe.
  • Spinach is a great source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol), Vitamin K, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Copper and Manganese. (You couldn't even taste it in our lasagna)
For DESSERT!! (We definitely consumed the calories that I saved in the lasagna on our dessert)

The maker of this cookie company started making cookies out of her home in Hastings Nebraska. I always like to support local businesses and we heard about these cookies at our small group from church. As I was running errands yesterday I stopped at Bed Bath and Beyond (I swear after the wedding I went at least once a week) and there was a the cookie shop! FATE!! So of course I had to stop in and see what they had to offer.


1 White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie (Eric's)
1 Frosted Sugar Cookie and purple at that!! (Mine)
(You can see that we couldn't wait to take a picture before taking a bite :-)

Lets just say the cookies didn't disappoint.

Indian Wife!

Eric finds it hilarious that I wear shorts with my slipper socks.He thinks my slipper socks look like moccasins. I usually start with sweats but I get hot sometimes with the blanket that I HAVE to use so I put on shorts that way I can still use the blanket but I wouldn't want my feet to get cold so this is what I end up with. Eric laughs every time I end up sporting this look.

Yes that is what you think it is. It's a miracle. 2 weeks in a row!! I didn't even put the sign out this week.


And Finally What you all Tuned in for this post. What are the big weekend plans???

Brian and Jillian are coming to visit this weekend. YEAH!! We are SO EXCITED and can't wait to spend time with them. Check out Mondays post to see what kind of trouble we got into!

No comments:

Post a Comment