Monday, October 12, 2009

Weekend Report

Since we didn't have much to do this weekend I decided we should work on a home or "apartment" improvement project much to Eric's dismay.

Before:

I've been wanting to hang some photos from our wedding and have had the idea since before we got married. I found the idea in a Target ad; however, I didn't buy the frames at Target. :-) I got them at Wally World because they were cheaper! It took lots of measuring and an occasional re-try but an hour and half later we had all of the pictures lined up just so...

After:


Eric had crabs this weekend!! Get your mind out of the gutter...on Saturday we decided to take my readers advice and boil the crab legs that I bought on sale this week! I didn't make it to the store to buy the seasoning packets that the readers suggested so Eric and I rummaged through the spice cabinet and threw in a little of this and a little of that and added it to our boiling water. I was doing good at this point!

We got the crab legs out of the fridge and at this point Eric had to take over. The smell of fish really gets to me and I honestly can't stand it. So Eric had to handle the fish so the smell wouldn't get on me.



Then we (Eric) added them to boiling water! I was at least still in the kitchen at this point.



At this point it began to smell really bad. So we had to open the sliding door so we could try to get some of the smell out. Yes this was the same day that I posted the pictures of the snow.

Eric wanted to dip his crab in lemon butter sauce. So he got out the butter and puts about 3 T in a custard cup and puts it in the microwave for 2 minutes!!! Who does that? We had to have a lesson about melting butter and that 30 seconds is the MAXIMUM amount of time and I usually try 20 seconds. So after putting more butter in the custard cup since the rest of the butter was now all over the microwave he successfully made lemon butter. I took the other half of the lemon to smell.



Eric waiting the 10 minutes it took to boil his crab legs...I ended up having to sit by an open window with 3 blankets on. It worked I couldn't smell the fishy smell that way!

Eric's Feast!


Eric enjoying his crab legs I think it took him 30 minutes to eat them. He said that he was surprised by how much meat was on them. I did not join Eric for lunch on Saturday it took another hour for me to have an appetite again. I hope Eric enjoyed his crabs because that is probably the last time we have them in our house! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Amanda turns green at the smell of fish. She has had to leave places before because of the smell. Must run in the family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog stalkers are getting restless... We want a post! We want a post!

    ReplyDelete