Thursday, October 8, 2009

HELP!!

Dear Blog Stalkers,

I have gotten myself into a predicament and need help. Any suggestions/recipes on how to cook king crab legs? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Much Love,
Your loyal blogger




In my quest to be a GREAT stay-at-home wife I bought King Crab Legs at HyVee today....

No I didn't randomly think I should make crab legs for my husband. Let's start at the beginning...

Eric calls over his lunch break and tells me that one of his c0-workers has informed him that King Crab Legs are on sale this week. "Jill they are normally $20/lb and this week they are $6.99/lb" I tell him that I already went to HyVee today to buy a pork roast that was on sale for $0.88/lb (3-day sale) He was so sad and mentioned, "I wish I would have called earlier")

So being the great wife I am, I headed back to HyVee to buy some Crab Legs...mind you I don't even know what a pound of crab legs looks like so I'm not really sure how much to buy. I get to the counter and tell the seafood helper that I would like a pound. He then proceeds to ask me if I have a preference on what parts I want. (I thought they were crab legs I didn't realize that I needed to do research on how to order them, Oh gosh this already isn't going well) So I casually ask the seafood man how I should cook them. He paused for awhile and then said well you should boil them. I'm not sure if he was pausing because he wasn't sure or if he was thinking what is this girl trying to do?

Off to the checkout I went but now I have these crab legs sitting in my fridge and I have no idea what to do with them. I'm just throwing it out there that we didn't have a seafood section at Paul's (hometown grocery store).

***Side note: I don't eat seafood so this is definitely for him: Yes I realize that I am still in the honeymoon stage**

4 comments:

  1. You really do just boil them. :-) Put them in a pot and put enough water in to cover them and turn it on high. I normally only boil them for about 10 minutes and then they are done. Normally I don't put anything in them and we dip them in cocktail sauce, but you can also buy something called "crab boil" and its a bag of seasonings that comes in the box and you just put that in your pot with the crab and cook it to the box directions. Hope they turn out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How to cook crab legs:
    Go to a restaurant and and say "I would like some crab legs please." hee-hee!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say after boiling them while they are cooling down sprinkling some seasoning on them. One that is amazing is called Chef Paul Prudhommes MAGIC Seasoning Blends. The seafood one is orange and I've used it on shrimp. they come in a regular jar but then inside a box. It should be in the regular spices area. Old Bay is good too! Hope things turn out and I can't wait to read what happens. Another suggestion after boiling is making lemon butter for dipping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the help and advice! Stay tuned for our crab leg boil! :-)

    You're so funny Kathy and I kind of agree especially after Eric got home last night and I asked him if he had ever eaten crab legs. That would be NO! Oh well it will be an adventure!

    ReplyDelete