Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend Report



First of all it is BEAUTIFUL here today. The sun is OUT AND ABOUT which makes me a very happy camper!! The temperature is PERFECT! (yes I took a picture of the sun because I haven't seen it forever and I missed it)

I don't even know where to begin when reporting this weekends activities so I guess I'll just go in chronological order!

Friday night Eric and I stayed home to rest for our whirlwind weekend and we rented The Proposal from the redbox. I LOVED the movie and it was so funny that it made me lol. Eric even liked it (okay he laughed a couple of times and therefore I concluded that he like it as much as me :-)
Brian and Jillian showed up around 1:00 on Saturday afternoon. I made pasta primavera for lunch. Don't worry I'll post the recipe later this week but I have to much to report on in this blog to add a recipe! But here is a picture to get your mouth and taste buds anticipating the deliciousness.

After lunch the boys collapsed on the couch and showed no interest in doing anything other than watching college football all day long. Jillian and I wanted nothing to do with that so we headed to the Old Market District to do a little window shopping (okay we did a little more than window shop, but in our defense we did buy a few Christmas gifts :-)




These are a few pictures from Old Market which is located in Downtown Omaha. There are lots of fun specialty shops, boutiques, and restaurants. Jillian and I had a relaxing afternoon and after a quick stop at target on the way back home where we bought some fun socks and some fall candles for our mirrored L.




We went to Uptown Brewery for dinner where Jillian and I had fun people watching and trying to decide where the girls sitting behind us were going. When the boys asked what we were talking about they said, "What girls are you talking about" Oh I don't know the group of 8 girls sitting behind us that are in semi-formal dresses. Oh goodness so glad that I have a sister-in-law!!

We got home around 8:45 and at 9:00 we had a visit from a neighbor that lives below us. I will post later this week about the visit but lets just say it wasn't a pleasant one and I am now freaked out to stay home alone during the day.

After he stopped yelling at us and left we played a game of Imaginiff before heading to bed.

The next morning Jillian and Brian headed to the zoo while Eric and I headed to Vala's Pumpkin Patch to help serve a meal for Eric's company. (How did I get roped into this I'm still not sure but it was fun and made for GREAT people watching....do you see a theme...) I was given the job of drum roll please.....CONDIMENT CONTROLLER.....I'm not kidding. I was only allowed to give one of each ketchup, mustard, and relish. One lady got so mad at me that she told the lady in charge (yes the lady who instructed me to only give one per person) and the lady came over and was like "Oh you can give them more than one" ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I'm sure I said "would you like ketchup, mustard about 700 times yesterday. No I'm not forgetting relish I only asked those who were older than 15 I mean seriously who eats relish and who under the age of 15 eats relish.




Eric and I taking a break to eat lunch.

After getting done serving we walked around this massive pumpkin patch or I should say pumpkin village. These are two of Eric's work friends who wish to remain anynomous...not really but it sounds like they live exciting scandalous lives :-)


Oh yes this was the barn where you turned in lost kids which I'm sure was on an hourly basis. There had to be at least 10,000 people at this pumpkin patch. If you've ever seen Little People, Big World this pumpkin patch was like their farm only 5 times bigger with 5 times the attractions. When we left there was a line that was at least 5 miles long that wasn't moving. If I had kids and I saw that line I would turn around go to Wal-Mart and buy 10 pumpkins throw them in the backyard and say OH MY GOSH LOOK AT THE PUMPKIN PATCH!! One of the guys who rode with us said he would bribe his kids with McDonalds in order not to go. (Can you tell that none of us have kids HAHA)

After getting home we met up with Eric's parents and Brian/Jillian at a local mall and hung out with them for awhile. We went to PFChang's for dinner and celebrated Drew's birthday. Did I mention that Drew wasn't there. :-)

These are the fun things we got from Alan and Christy....


Are you jealous of our pumpkin ceramic. Well I'm sorry but its one of a kind and Eric made it in 4-H ceramics and its not for sale! Christy brought me a rolling pin that she found at Eric's grandmas. Now I can quit using the wine bottle and maybe drink it instead :-) We also got pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and COUPONS!! SO exciting!

Today Jillian and I went on a walk around the lake and then headed to Eric's work for a tour. I stayed in the car and read the chapter I needed to read for our small group tonight from church....one tour was enough for me.

After Brian and Jillian left I headed to the county treasurer to pay the sales tax on our car and register our car. After getting home I even screwed the plates on to the car....I sure am handy to have around! :-)

Sorry this was so long but I had a lot to report. If you're interested to hear the neighbor story tune in tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. What's the info about your church? I'm interested that you found a church that you like so quickly.

    ReplyDelete