Thursday, October 8, 2009

Happy Anniversary!!


Well.....It's been 2 months since Eric and I said I do.

Marriage has been a learning experience for both of us so here are the

Top 10 Things I have learned about Marriage &/or Eric...

1. My husband is very particular about how his shirts are hung on the hanger. Of course he didn't tell me I was doing his laundry wrong, I would just walk into the closet and there he would be searching through his shirts to see which ones I didn't do right. So I asked if something was wrong and his response "well I didn't think it would be a good idea to criticize you" (he knew that my response might have been, "then you can do it yourself") Smart Guy!!
--Polo shirts must have the collar popped
--Button up and Polo shirts should have the top button buttoned to prevent
the shirt from gapping open when you wear it



The correct way to hang a polo!


2. It can be VERY boring not having a job when you move to a new city and you don't own a house. If we had a house I could do home improvement projects! :-)

3. Eric doesn't make decisions quickly... especially if they involve money. When we went car shopping I was really surprised when he was actually thinking about buying a car so soon. (Partly because his words before we left to go shopping, "Jill we aren't buying a car today. I want you to understand that") The dealership we went to was going to let us keep the car over the weekend to see if we liked it but in the meantime he kept asking, "What can I do to get you in the car today" Finally, I got tired of hearing this so I told him "Listen, you are doing good getting Eric to think about coming back on Monday to buy the car" He stopped bugging us at least.

4. For the sake of our marriage we should not buy Ready-to-Assemble furniture

5. How to share the TV...since we have DVR, we have instilled a rule that if both of us have a show we want to watch we can choose one show at a time since we can record two shows at a time with our DVR.



6. Some days marriage is a lot of work but the good times definitely outweigh the hard times.

7. My husband does not want to talk when he first wakes up or when he's half asleep at night. This doesn't keep me from trying :-)

8. I've learned what motivates my husband to exercise....a point system at work. (It's the honor system but he doesn't cheat :-) Such a honest guy)
What do the points get you....**** pocket change holder, ****golf balls, and lot of other items with **** on them. What does **** stand for? I am sworn to secrecy but it has to do with the company he works for

9. It's a big change to go from dating/being engaged long distance to being married and seeing each EVERY day. I think it is just now settling in that we don't have to say good bye after seeing each for a couple of days.

10. I grow more in love with my husband every day!

So you might be asking what are we going to do to celebrate? Well...Thursday night means a night of watching TV. We had to come up with a plan on how to handle Thursdays. Seriously, I got out a piece of paper and we figured out how to make it work! All I can say is THANK YOU for DVR! I swear the rest of the week we don't have that many shows we HAVE to watch. They are as follows:

Eric's Picks:
The Office
The Community
Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Jill's Picks:
Grey's Anatomy
Private Practice
Project Runway
Models of the Runway

Where we will be hanging out tonight!!


Have a GREAT THURSDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment