Monday, October 26, 2009

Last Day as a Stay-At-Home Wife....


Yes that is what you think its is! I start work October 27.....THAT IS TOMORROW! I also bought a planner yesterday...I don't know why I felt that I needed to wait till I got a job to buy one but I did so off we went yesterday to purchase one of my favorite things. Seriously I'm obsessed with planners....Eric really doesn't get why I'm so entralled with them.

Top 10 things I'll miss about being a stay-at-home wife

1. Unable to exercise at anytime of day

Today I'm going to BOSU which I'm sure I'll make my neighbor beneath me go insane with the noise but oh well I'll be gone tomorrow! I need to cherish my last day at home and not care what others think.

2. No more No Makeup days

I didn't think you'd want a picture of this!

3. Less Beauty Sleep!


So...I might have been getting about 10 hours of sleep the last few months. What can I say I went to bed at 10 with Eric and got up around 8. If I woke up earlier I got bored during the day!

4. I can't spend my sweet time at the grocery store in the middle of the afternoon on a week day.

Align LeftEric was appalled when I told him that I might not do as much of my shopping with coupons....so I took him to Target yesterday and showed him how long it takes to do what I do. However, he got hooked on it. I even got a fist bump as we rolled our cart out of the store. We saved $9.75 with coupons. Nothing compares to the feeling as your checking out and you wait to see how much you saved... :-)


5. There will be no choice about facing the frozen tundra of Nebraska....I will have to leave the house when its cold and snowy.... GROSS!

6. A need to cut back on the number of TV shows I DVR....

What can I say the TV has been a major form of entertainment for me the last couple of months. I pretty much have it on at all times even if I'm not watching it to provide background noise. It gets lonely in the apartment all by myself....and obviously from a previous post you can tell we aren't making friends with the neighbors.

7. Less blog/facebook stalking....
My goal is to not leave my blog stalkers hanging. Seriusly my plan is to update at least 3 times a week. I'm not going to lie...I have my own blogs that I stalk and its always a little sad when they don't update frequently.

8. Dinner will not be ready when Eric walks in the door anymore....

However, its the perfect season to break out the crock pot and use my fix-it and forget-it cookbook. I'll let you know if I have any HITS!

9. Speaking of Eric...I wish I had a picture of Eric's sad face to show you that he is a little sad that he will have to help out more around the house. Let's be honest I didn't feel the need to have him help with laundry or cleaning the house when I was home all day but things are about to change. But he's being a trooper and even asked for a lesson on where I keep my clothes (aka what drawer does this go in...ect.) My husband is great help when it comes to helping clean up after dinner so I don't want you to think that he hasn't been doing anything around here....

10. Not being bored in the middle of the day. SERIOUSLY, I'm super excited to begin working and feel like I'm accomplishing something during the day. I feel blessed that I found a job where I will be able to help others in a time of need. The whole reason I got into dietetics in the first place. As I was getting off the phone with my boss he said, "It will be a lot of fun...but a lot of work at the same time...." There are definitely some changes in order here in the Ladd household.

WISH ME LUCK TOMORROW!!

2 comments:

  1. You will do great!! Good luck!! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH! You're a real life dietitian! Come a long way since Remig's clinical class huh?! :) When you go to Alabama, you need to stop by Nashville!

    ReplyDelete