Thursday, October 15, 2009

Will the sun ever come out?


So I really need to change my weather.com to Omaha. I forget that it's set to Nashville still and I checked it right before I went to run and it said 57 so I think oh that's a lot warmer I'm going to run outside!! YEAH! Oh no its actually 44 right now here in Omaha and yes I did just run outside. HOWEVER, the news just showed that its supposed to get back into the 60's next week!! PLEASE PLEASE let the sun come back with the warmer weather. The sun makes me HAPPY!

Job Search Update:
Well I no longer have to sit near my phone all day. The person called to set up a time to interview me yesterday and we had a phone interview this morning. I have another interview with the same company this coming Thursday. On another note I have an interview with a different company tomorrow morning. There have been a few jobs in the past week that have popped up in my search and that is encouraging following a time where there for few if any jobs for Registered Dietitians. So I am going to be working on some more cover letters this afternoon to apply for some more jobs.

Today I decided that I should step up my Stay-at-Home Wife game and clean the fridge. I've been thinking about doing it and I decided today was the day. You have to understand though. I can NOT deal with mold. It gives me the heepie jeebies. Eric is my mold checker if there is a suspected mold infestation in a container I hand the container off to Eric and he gives me the okay or disposes of the contents. But I really try to combat this problem by utilizing items that are open into my weekly menu planning. We don't want to throw money away now do we.

I take EVERYTHING out of the fridge and then wipe down the inside of the fridge with you guessed it.


Yes this is the 2nd time that Lysol wipes have made my blog. Can I help it that I am seriously obsessed with them. I bought these on sale and with coupons!

Our nice clean fridge :-)

So I've had a few requests (okay one, but they aren't even related to us :-) for the pumpkin chocolate chip bread recipe I used. So as requested here you are:


Taste of Home: Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

Ingredients
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 cups canned pumpkin
  • 1-1/2 cups canola oil
  • 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

Directions

  • In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
  • Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).

Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 234 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.

Jill's Nutrition Bites:

If I was going to make this recipe again I believe I would change 1/2 of the flour to whole wheat flour and change 1/2 of the oil to applesauce. Eric and I are enjoying the bread for breakfast!


As I type this I swear there is someone jumping and running on top of my ceiling. Oh the joys of apartment living.

No comments:

Post a Comment