Thursday, October 1, 2009

Question of the Day?

Will the paper come tomorrow morning?

Part of my duties of a Stay-at-Home Wife are to make sure that matters involving the house (apartment) are in order.

Eric and I decided to sign up to get the Friday-Saturday-Sunday Omaha World Herald Paper. We had been thinking about signing up for the Sunday paper and on a trip to the Nebraska State Fair (Don't you wish I had joined the blogging world before that trip ;-) we walked by the Omaha World Herald booth and decided to sign up.

Now Eric is very analytical and needs to question things before we buy something. So he had lots of questions for the salesman...for instance we live in an apartment building that has a locked entrance, how are we going to get the paper? The salesman said it would NOT be a problem for the paper carrier to throw it on our deck. So....we signed up. I was just EXCITED to get the Sunday coupons delivered to my door...more to come on Sunday "Coupon Frenzy".

Well, the paper didn't show up on Friday the week after we signed up. So I called and they sent a carrier over with a paper for us. Next Friday it didn't show up again so I called the salesman who sold us the paper. (Glad I kept that business card) He gave me the number of my local delivery office. So I called them and talked to my friend Corey, the supervisor. I think I can call him a friend because I've talked to him EVERY Friday morning for a month now. He might not think that we are friends and he's probably regretting giving me his cell phone number. I don't hesitate to call since we have NEVER gotten the Friday paper without me calling for it. I had been very friendly and understanding up until last Friday. Last Friday morning I had to show him the Mean Housewife of Omaha. I think my new LADDitude got through to him, so I'm eagerly anticipating the delivery of our paper tomorrow morning.

Did I mention that we have never had a problem getting our Saturday or Sunday paper?

SO....I have put this sign out on our balcony every Thursday for a month now in hopes that it will help my newspaper carrier.




Picture from the street..


Of Course the Stafford Courier comes without fail every week! (I get it 1 week and a day later than the published date but most things in the Stafford Courier aren't to "Time Sensitive"

My Favorite Sections:
1. Stafford County Sheriff Report (have to keep up on the latest gossip)
2. Frankly Speaking (Guaranteed for a good laugh)
3. Front Page (Always interesting to see what's front page worthy in the big town of Stafford)


Job Search Update:
Not much to report. I scour the internet for new job postings for dietitian, dietician, nutrition, wellness. Today I added a new search "food service director".....

I have been given some more contacts in the Omaha area so I've been e-mailing them trying to get my name out there.

I am also looking into volunteer opportunities in the area and have an interview on Monday (who knew that you had to interview just to volunteer :-) Guess it will be good practice for job interviews.

Tune into tomorrow for the Answer of the Day. (I'm sure you're dying to know if my paper comes)

As you can tell I'm a little bored being at home all day! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Your newspaper saga has been too much for me! I was laughing at the computer and telling Abby all about your friend. Don't say you don't have any friends in Omaha. Apparently, you just need to keep subscribing to different services to increase your number of friends =) Keep the posts coming. So far .... the best blog I've read to date. Hands down!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS .... love the part about the Stafford Courier making it on time. I mean, Come On! If the Stafford Courier can do, you'd think the Omaha Herald could get their act together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ......Your Right! I need to start to subscribe to more services in the area. In no time I'm going to have more friends than I know what to do with!

    ReplyDelete