Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Job Recap...

Interesting First Day:

1. After looking at my desk for 30 seconds my boss took me to Office Depot to get supplies...Okay sure. So we get there and he grabs a cart and proceeds to ask me what I need? How do you answer this I've been on the job less than an hour not really sure at this point???

2. We headed to UNMC (University of Nebraska Medical Center) to provide lunch for the respiratory department. I got a map and my boss pointed out places and buildings that I will come to when marketing the enteral program. THEY HAVE MAPS!!! SUPER EXCITING. There were NO maps at Vanderbilt and I think it took me 3 months to sort of kinda know where I was going (and I spent every day there)

3. I learned the main aspects of a sales call.
--Introduce
--Statement of Intent
--Open Ended Questions
--Features/Benefits
--Closing/Follow-up
After learning this I was then informed that this would never occur like this but its good to know. OKAY

4. LOTS OF PAPERWORK

5. A Post-Employment TB Test (Which reminds me I need to get this checked tomorrow)

6. Meeting lots of people that I now feel bad that I can't remember their names today...

WHEW!! What a First Day!!

Today:

I went to Atlantic, IA with my boss to do a lunch and some sales calls. I think he was surprised when I informed my in-laws lived there. We did some mock sales calls as we drove. I guess we used our time wisely.

SO....Things I've Learned Being on the Job 2 days:
--It is National Respiratory Week and since the company I work for primarily does respiratory I've had to do a lot of smiling and nodding (I know NOTHING about Respiratory)

--I'll let you in on a little secret....The SMILE and NOD theory. I keep saying I should write a book on the Topic it has gotten me far in life. Here's the key concept if you don't have a clue or aren't interested what someone is talking about smile and nod. It works great

--You would think that if you worked with patients that have to be on oxygen because they've smoked their whole lives that it might be motivation to quit or not to smoke....Apparently not...AND does smoking around oxygen make sense...I DON'T THINK SO!! I will never understand how people in the healthcare field can smoke. Okay I'll get off my "smoke" box (haha)

--FREE PARKING at UNMC....YES!! and its easy to get a spot!

Well I'm exhausted...I did get up to exercise at 5:30 today...but I'm paying for it now. Gotta spend some quality time with the hubby now!

2 comments:

  1. OK....now when I am talking to you and you are smiling and nodding I will know you are not interested!!! Too funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I waited all day and checked incessantly.. Thanks for not only posting after an exhausting day but you didn't even skimp which I also appreciate! :O)

    ReplyDelete