Friday, October 9, 2009

I Must Be Dreaming!


YES that is what you think it is! I never thought I would see the day where our paper ended up where it was supposed to. I don't even know how to react. Honestly I'm a little sad about not getting to talk to my "friend"

On another note....SNOW....yes you read right. We are supposed to get snow tomorrow.

This week Eric and I made a bet on when we would turn on the heater. His guess October 23 my guess November 5. Eric's response to my bet, "Guessing you haven't looked at the weather for this weekend" He was right! We will just have to see what happens!

My weather.com still comes up with Nashville and can I tell you that its 75 there right now and its 37 here in Omaha. Just another reason I love Nashville. Besides the weather I also fell in love with sweet potatoes. I hadn't really given them a chance before I moved to the Music City last August.

These are the sweet potato fries that we had on Wednesday night! YUM!! I cheat and buy the frozen fries. :-) When we make these fries we sprinkle seasoned salt and cinnamon on them and then bake them in the oven at 400 for 20-25 minutes. Sometimes it can be tricky to find them in the freezer section. I would check in the freezer section next to the french fries or in the health/organic section of your local grocery store. You can also make them from whole sweet potatoes.

Nutrition Bites:
You can cook sweet potatoes the same way you do white potatoes and the benefit of cooking with sweet potatoes is that they are PACKED with Nutrition including Vitamin A, beta-carotene, Vitamin C and B6, manganese, potassium and fiber!

Have a great Friday! I will keep you updated on the my snow predicament!

No comments:

Post a Comment