Saturday, October 24, 2009

EXCITING NEWS!!

My days of a stay-at-home wife are limited BECAUSE I GOT A JOB! Champagne was definitely in order because not only did I get one job offer on Friday...I got 2 within 2 hours!!



I got an offer around 2:00 in the afternoon for the company I've interviewed with 3 times. I told them I had another interview that afternoon and it was something I wanted to think about over the weekend....I mean seriously they made me wait for about a month I thought they could wait a weekend. They were fine with this and I asked when they would want me to start and he said well I was thinking Monday but it could be later in the week. OH WOW! My days as a Stay-At-Home Wife are LIMITED.

I headed to my interview at 2:30 which went well since as I was pulling out of the driveway they called me and offered me the position. The problem with this position is that its temporary. I would be covering for someone going on maternity leave. Lets just say I think I would LOVE this job because I would be a corporate dietitian; however with a permanent position on the table that I also think will be a great experience there really isn't much of a decision to make.

SO.....on Monday I will accept the job with the permanent position that was offered to me from a home medical delivery services company. (I've decided not to reveal the name of the company...not sure why but feel like I need to protect myself...HIPAA laws and all I guess) They started as a Oxygen Home Delivery supplier and have recently broken into the home enteral feeding business. You may ask what does enteral mean? Enteral nutrition is a way to feed someone through a tube placed in the nose, stomach or small intestine. If you would have told me in undergrad that I was going to work with enteral nutrition I would have told you there is no way in....mostly because I didn't understand how to do it; however, during my internship calculating enteral feedings became second nature and really feels like simple math now.

My job responsibilities:
--Managing the enteral nutrition services for the Omaha/Lincoln area
--Doing in-home setups for patients
--Maintaining and ordering formula inventory
--Selling our services to local clinics, hospitals and doctors offices to gain referrals.....YES I am going to be in sales; however, they have assured me that its not like being a car sales person (lets hope)

I will be headed to Alabama the first part of December for two weeks of training. HECK YES you can send me to the south in the middle of winter.

I'm very excited to start a new challenge (not sitting in the apartment anymore) no seriously I think this position will push me and let me grow in a lot of areas that will help me in my career as a dietitian.

Yes I will continue to blog however probably not as much but at least 2-3 times a week. This will be a big adjustment for BOTH Eric and I. So it will take a little time for us to get used to a new routine....

Stay tuned for more updates...

No comments:

Post a Comment