Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Another SUCCESS from Kraft.com!


Yes folks kraft.com is turning out to be a great resource when it comes to quick and easy weekday meals.


Ingredients:
4 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
1/2 cup (1/2 of 8-oz. tub) PHILADELPHIA Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread
3/4 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (As you will see from the picture we omitted these.....Eric and I aren't big on tomatoes)
2 green onions, chopped
Dashes of garlic powder, seasoned salt, chili powder and black pepper

Now I didn't follow the directions exactly like the on-line recipe so here's my version

1) Cook bacon slices in microwave.

2) Heat large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken (I mixed the seasonsing from above with the raw chicken before adding to the skillet....a little of this a little of that) Cook 5 to 7 min. on each side or until chicken is done (165ºF). Remove chicken from skillet and chop into small pieces. Tear bacon into pieces and add to chicken. Set aside

3) Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package. Meanwhile, cook cream cheese spread and broth in skillet (used to cook chicken) until cream cheese is melted and sauce is thickened and well blended, stirring constantly with whisk. Stir in tomatoes and onions; cook 2 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.

4) Drain pasta; return to pan. Add sauce and chicken and bacon mixture; mix lightly. AND ENJOY.....BECAUSE this is YUMMY!



As you can see we had stir-fried vegetable medley and a garden salad. (I think we might have some ice cream later on :-)

Now I know all of you wonder where do blogger's work.....well folks for me right here on my couch. My wonderful husband was kind enough to snap this shot and seriously people this is my blogging spot and all my wonderful (lol) blogs are composed here :-)

Wondering what I'm holding in my hand....YES that is The Blind Side on DVD! I almost NEVER buy movies...the last movie I bought Sex in the City....I've been waiting (not so patiently for weeks for it to come out...I know I know patience just isn't in my blood) No Eric and I aren't watching it tonight but my friend Anessa is coming to visit this weekend and she hasn't seen it so we are excited to watch it this weekend! I just really liked the movie when Eric and I saw it in theaters!

Anessa and I back in Manhattan before a basketball game this year!

Yeah for Hump Day being tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds really good. I plan to buy that movie too and I also don't ever buy movies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it was such a good movie! And our food was YUMMY! Hope all is well with the girls and you and Dave!

    ReplyDelete