Monday, March 15, 2010

What's For Dinner??

Well if you don't have a lot of time to get dinner on the table. I have a quick and easy solution for you BAKED BURGERS! Eric and I are always running around trying to get dinner around before our small group on Mondays and now with our new exercise routines we have even less time. (And Yes both Eric and I made it to the gym tonight after work.....and I had a set-up today which I got to set the patient up during working hours WAHOO)

SIDE NOTE: I forgot to update you all on my cut finger situation. We ended up not going to the Urgent Care which was the best decision. It is healing nicely and only occasionally hurts....sorry to keep you all on the edge of your seats for so long.

Baked Burgers:

  • Browned Hamburger
  • Ketchup
  • Mustard
  • Sliced Cheese
  • Hamburger Buns

Add ketchup and mustard to ground hamburger. This was already ground in the fridge so after mixing I heated up the concoction in the microwave.

Since it's just Eric and I. When I make a recipe with hamburger I usually cut it in half to avoid having a lot of leftovers (I'm not a huge fan of leftovers) so I usually have about 1/2 pound of hamburger ground up sitting in the fridge.

Place one slice of cheese on bottom of bun. (We used pepper jack but choose what your family likes best) Top with meat mixture. Place top of bun on-top of sandwich and wrap foil completely around sandwich.

Place in 350 degree oven until cheese is melted.

MMM!! Unwrap and ENJOY!! This was a sandwich my mom would make for my dad and our farm hands when they required a meal out in the field at night!

Here's my Nutrition Tip of the Day! Look for WHOLE WHEAT when you're shopping at the grocery store. Just because it says wheat doesn't mean its the healthy whole grain/whole wheat version!

2 comments:

  1. Do you happen to mean browned instead of ground? They do rhyme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we're having real hambugers for LUNCH.

    ReplyDelete