Wednesday, March 10, 2010

HAPPY RD DAY TO ME!!

Well first off....I'm very disappointed in all of you for not wishing me a Happy Registered Dietitian Day.....although don't feel bad for to long because I didn't realize today was the day until I got several e-mails wishing me well on my special day. I did have fun scaring Eric when I got home from work by asking what he'd gotten for me. I could see the wheels turning in his head trying to figure out what he should have gotten me a present for. Don't worry I put him out of misery quickly :-)

March is also National Nutrition Month. What you may ask does this mean? National Nutrition Month® is a nutrition education and information campaign sponsored annually by the American Dietetic Association. The campaign is designed to focus attention on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits. Initiated in March 1973 as a week-long event, "National Nutrition Week" became a month-long observance in 1980 in response to growing public interest in nutrition.

This years theme is Nutrition From the Ground Up.

Well not to much to report here tonight glad to be home tonight on time. :-)

1 comment:

  1. A happy belated RD Day to my favorite dietitian! I'd say the best gift was getting to be home in the evening - yeah! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete