Sunday, March 14, 2010

Omaha 68130

Well it's back to Decorating 101.....wait I never had that class in college. Maybe that's why I'm struggling so much when it comes to deciding how to make this house our own. Even before buying our first home I worried about how I was going to make decisions when it came to decorating it. (You think I might be a little bit of a perfectionist...)

This weekend Eric and I got our hands dirty (literally) and rolled up our sleeves. Saturday after our fabulous trip to the gym we got busy painting our accent wall in the office. Now I was super excited to paint.....yes really....you see I've never gotten to paint walls in a house. When I was little I begged and begged to have my room be pink and I got what I wished for; however a couple of years later when I wasn't so hot on the color pink I wanted my dad to paint it a different color. Well that didn't happen until with enough persistence he finally painted it again but white.....that way he wouldn't have to do it again......sad I know :-)

Sorry, got a little sidetracked down memory lane.....back to Saturday....Eric was surprised to see my enthusiasm for this project but was more than happy to let me paint away under his supervision....you see Eric is somewhat of a painting expert (okay compared to me at least)


See how excited I am!


Yes, Eric tackled the high parts....

Look at that handy work...not bad for a first timer


As you can see we are still struggling to decide what the other wall colors should be.....ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!


Any other view! As you can tell I'm a little excited :-)

Today, Eric and I (mostly I) painted a second coat on the wall. I thought I had hit jackpot when I found that Sherwin Williams (where we happen to be buying our paint) has a website where you can "paint" your room and try out different colors. Sherwin-Williams Color Visualizer was something I thought was going to save us a lot of money from buying all those sample sizes of paint. BUT I was very disappointed when we bought a sample after church that I swore THIS IS GOING TO BE IT! However, unfussy beige turned out to be kinda white....not what we were looking for. SO back to square one!!! ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATE!!

In other house news....we hung our Ladd sign....I had a follower comment that they wanted to know where Jillian my favorite sister-in-law :-) had gotten the sign. Here you go! SIMPLE EXPRESSIONS WEBSITE This is what Jillian had to say about the purchase..."I emailed Kimberly to place the order. Kimberly is very helpful and will make samples of the item in Word for you to approve before ordering. When Jaclyn (who gave a similar sign to Jillian for a wedding party gift) gave it to me, she had Kimberly make the stickers, buy the board, paint it, and then stick the stickers which I think she said was around $25. I only ordered the stickers from her and purchased the wood, painted, and put the stickers on myself."




And hung our leaves that we bought at Hobby Lobby last week!



Sorry for the long post....but we've been busy around here! Eric and I even made it to the gym again. We packed our gym bags and headed there right after church. It worked out GREAT...maybe we'll make a habit out of it! :-) Have a WONDERFUL MONDAY!

5 comments:

  1. You were busy little bees! Looks good! I'm sorry you lived SUCH a deprived life in the paint department.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill! I'm so excited about the new house, we will have to exchange decorating tips! As for Wednesday, I will be at Risky's after 5 with another grad student celebrating being done with our comps. You are more than welcome to come by and have a cocktail! As for the games this weekend, I'm planning on doing some lab work Sat and Sun morning, but Mark is available...we will keep in touch about this, call me (402) 525 1910

    Dana:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill I feel the same way about decorating. We just bought a new house too and the thought of making it look just right has stressed me out. Daniel is the definition of calm and doesn't understand one bit. He's trying though. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. for your compliment paint colors i'd use ones that have a grey undertone to them since it looks like your purple has that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the tip about the sign, Jill (and Jillian)!! I don't see your design (last name/wedding date) on their website. Do you know if Jillian custom designed it?? I am wanting to order something just like it for an upcoming wedding gift. You can just email me if that's easier...chelsieholste@gmail.com

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete