Saturday, March 6, 2010

Omaha 68130

Well we have come to another weekend here in Omaha (very excited about that) and here are the latest happenings in the Ladd household.

The sun is out.....yes I said the sun is out and that means that some of our massive piles of snow are melting.....YES!!! But as the snow melts we are finding problems with the yard......something we bought sight unseen.

Yes that is our deck......and yes there is definitely something out there that needs to be removed. The builder will come pick up all material we find under the snow so at least we don't have to do that :-)

But even worse.....the ground has settled??? I guess!! And there is a massive hole that leads right under the concrete patio....I hope nothing crawls under there and dies.....YIKES!

No the sod they layed down before winter isn't looking so hot. Our builder provides a "we fix it in the first year kind of warranty. We will have a 30 day (probably more like 60 day because of the snow) walk through again so this will most definitely be added to our list.

On a better note....we have new neighbors....I saw the Uhaul there today.

I'm thinking about making cookies tomorrow to take over!!! What kind should I make?

AND I CLEANED....I love that the bar doesn't have mail all over it...how long will that last....probably till Monday (since the mail doesn't come on Sundays!!)

I also tried Anytime Fitness this morning and am doing a 7-day trial with them. Probably won't be buying a membership even though its only 5 minutes from the house. I wasn't all that impressed. I got spoiled last year at the YMCA in Nashville which had individualized TVs on every machine. This place didn't even have a radio station you could tune to to listen to the TV. Also, another strike against them is they only have 4 treadmills. I might consider paying for just the Boot Camp...which you still have to pay for if you have a membership....strike two!

Well hope you all are having a WONDERFUL SATURDAY!! I know I AM!

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate chip. Our Y has the treadmills with TV's too. Our treadmill downstairs has a tv on top of the fridge but it is just not the same!! I also find their treadmills to be WAY more comfortable on my feet. Unfortunately you do have to get in the car and drive there.....and find parking........and drive back home......

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got a day off - and SUN to boot! Enjoy your Sunday, too! Love you!

    ReplyDelete