Sunday, January 24, 2010

Change of plans

Or I guess I should say change of menus. I was all set to make "Ham and Rice Casserole" but when I went to pick up the rice I knew I was in trouble....I only had a cup left! So Eric had the choice of leftover lasanga or chili. He was smart and choose to have chili tonight, I say this because with my job there is always the chance that I won't make it home in time to make dinner. That means he's on his own and is left to scrounge around for food on his own. So with 2 different choices of leftovers in the fridge this gives him a greater chance of having something good to eat.

Is your mouth watering....

I decided to try something new tonight. In my family we always grew up eating chili and cornbread....the cornbread has yellow cake mix and cornbread mix in it. Well I made this last time we had chili and Eric was not impressed. He said it tasted like cake and I couldn't call it cornbread. HUMPH!

So I got this recipe for cornbread off a friends blog who is also newly married and thought I'd give it a try since I had all the ingredients in my pantry.....by the way my pantry is starting to get barer and barer as we get closer to moving.

Sorry Chelsie, I stole this picture off your blog!

You use a 8.5 oz cornbread mix, 1 egg, 1/3 cup milk, 1 small can of green chilies and 1/2 cup cheese. Mix together and voila you have some delicious muffins. (I really hesistated because I thought that the whole can of green chilies was going to be to much but I threw caution to the wind and I wasn't disappointed)




I topped the chili with some sour cream and cheese.....


The muffins had great flavor...and will make an appearance again in our house! Thanks Chelsie for the idea!

Anyone recognize these bad boys....Eric and I have begun to work on using these up....who knows we might be using them when our 1 year anniversary rolls around!

1 comment:

  1. BUT I HAVEN'T TRIED THE OTHER RECIPES YET!!!!!! Ok I will just add the muffins to the list. I always just make the jiffy corn bread muffins but those look good!! I will try it......some day......soon.....????

    ReplyDelete