Monday, January 4, 2010

Grown Up Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese


Well today it was -15 when I went to work AND my nose hairs froze when I walked from the hospital parking lot to the hospital. SO.... to warm all you readers up this winter here is a yummy

GROWN UP recipe for Tomato Soup!

Ingredients:
1 medium onion
1/4 c butter
3 T flour
2 C pureed tomatoes (I used canned stewed tomatoes Italian Style and pureed them in the food processor)
2 cups milk
3/4 cups evaporated milk (I just substituted normal milk for this)
1 c cooked rice
1 tsp salt (You can say BAM! when adding for a little excitement)
1/8 tsp pepper (see above suggestion)

Saute onion and butter
Add flour and make roux
Add tomatoes gradually and heat.
Add milk, rice and seasonings stirring to avoid scorching.

Pair with a grilled cheese sandwich and you're set!! ENJOY!!

1 comment:

  1. Yum!! I wish you lived closer. I'm sure there would be weekly "Let's have Aunt Kathy over" meals.

    Dave says you might want to trim your nose hairs so they don't freeze. Oh, he is the funny one!

    ReplyDelete